Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fs/FT 017 CHTS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
underthetire
Got a 017 on a GA motor that i'm not gonna use. Cool price of 1000,00 should do it, and i'll even throw in shipping biggrin.gif

Seriously, I know some people are really desperate for one and I need other parts.
What I need are 73+ porterfields
Rear caliper rebuild kits-ERICS only, don't want to got through that again.
Seats maybe

Hit me up. I can throw in little coin so probably no rims/big items.

I want to test it still to make sure it's good.
avidfanjpl
Hello Jeff,

I don't even know what Porterfields are, but you probably know that I am looking for an 017 for my early 72 2 liter.

I know you have a lot of buds here, but I will buy it. I am not sure how to help you on the brakes you are looking for.

I do have some interesting parts. I have a front bumper top with a 3 inch chipped area.

I have a rear that is a little rippled, needs new lights, but has no nicks.

I have a set of door panels that are smooth, I think.

I have a few things but maybe you have something in mind.

I can send a paypal payment if you want to sell it.

Thanks,

John Lewis
underthetire
Thats fine. Let me check it out as best I can first. I don't want to sell a bad one if I can help it. It looks like new, but you never know.
avidfanjpl
You are one great 914worlder!

I will take it, and if it checks out bad, I will still take it.

Just tell me. Can they even really fail? Or is it just that we break off the wires and give up?

I know there must be some kind of flexing wire or something like a thermistor that gives that ohm reading, which the ECU interprets, but I am no Brad Anders.

Who knows? Tom T and I are sort of also hoping that someone wants to fabricate them. Tom is a while before his will be running, but mine is running poorly due to my own damn fault. And that 012 in the head may be my real root issue?

But, with the several self-induced problems I have working, a functional 017 would be a thing of beauty!

Thanks!

John
underthetire
I just checked values, at 75 deg it is 9K ohm, and at 200 it was less than 500ohm. It is functioning but not within the values brad specifies. Not sure about this one. Maybe i'll take it to work and check it with a better meter. It came out of the head to easy to be the original.
avidfanjpl
OK!

Standing by.

Come on meter! Show me the numbers!

Thanks!

John

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 5 2010, 06:49 AM) *

I just checked values, at 75 deg it is 9K ohm, and at 200 it was less than 500ohm. It is functioning but not within the values brad specifies. Not sure about this one. Maybe i'll take it to work and check it with a better meter. It came out of the head to easy to be the original.

underthetire
How about I just mail it to you and you give it a whirl. If it works 20 bucks, if it don't no loss. Hell, you could even tell me it don't work and ill never know biggrin.gif
avidfanjpl
Send me a pm with your email to paypal you 25.

It is worth 25 just to get it here. If it works, I will tell you, and I will pay more.

Thanks!

J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.