Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 6 conversion on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Check out how this was installed!! It's listed on ebay right now.

codices
Just checked e-bay. Where is it?
oz371
Good lord!! barf.gif It looks like Miami Vice exploded all over this poor car!! chair.gif huh.gif headbang.gif hissyfit.gif
URY914

This car is not in Miami?
URY914
15 bids!
GeorgeRud
The Horror!
Eric_Shea
Still mid-engined... just a weird engine lid.

It is a 914 though. Even the clock is rusting:
Click to view attachment

I do believe it fires missles at dis-believers... (might be ejection seats in case a girl actually sees you in it, you can safely jettison yourself into the next county and pretend you know nothing of the situation)
Click to view attachment
oz371
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 3 2010, 08:21 PM) *

Still mid-engined... just a weird engine lid.

It is a 914 though. Even the clock is rusting:
Click to view attachment

I do believe it fires missles at dis-believers... (might be ejection seats in case a girl actually sees you in it, you can safely jettison yourself into the next county and pretend you know nothing of the situation)
Click to view attachment

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 3 2010, 11:08 PM) *

My God, a rear engine 914.

Nope, it's Mid-engined, just has decklid that opens the opposite way like EFR's car that used to be at Dave Whites
Socalandy
Holy crap mad.gif look what he did to the Scheel seats ar15.gif
Dr Evil
No tacky "up-grade" left unused barf.gif
roadster fan
think it might have a 3.2 in it instead of the a 2.7? or maybe just the 3.2 injection on it? Maybe thats why it doesn't start?

15 bids! D O N O R !!!!!!!!
oz371
FROM AD.....

have car It is '74 Porsche 911 2.7 Motor car is 914 with low miles new clutch with CD 6 amp custom body paint spend thousands of dollars I loose you win
I am Moving and need to sell asap. Convertible with brand new black top. Please contact me with any questions at Thank you for looking --- have a nice day
original miles (supporting documentation) show condition, always garaged always covered, never damaged , A/C, 5 speed ,chrome Porsche alloys Bilstein factory suspension, Porsche all factory stock, Stored inside non-op since started regularly but not driven must see to appreciate. ......This is a collectors car....... Pristine condition....... I have owned this car for 18 years.

So wrong! screwy.gif smash.gif
zymurgist
To each his own, but "pristine" is not a word I would use to describe this vehicle. Looks like they spent so much reupholstering the interior, they ran out of money for a proper battery tray. wink.gif Makes me wonder what the hell hole looks like.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 3 2010, 11:08 PM) *

anaheim, CA

which helps explain why it looks Goofy ...
VaccaRabite
Buy it for the engine, throw the rest away....

Zach
KELTY360
Well, I can tell none of you guys are pimps.
oz371
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:38 AM) *

Well, I can tell none of you guys are pimps.

Very true! This car is pimpalicious. <-----is that a word? blink.gif
Socalandy
Anaheim, I'd go look at it but I just had breakfast barf.gif
Steve
It looks like a beach boys racing kit (bbr Venice beach auto body).
carr914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 4 2010, 01:20 PM) *

It looks like a beach boys racing kit (bbr Venice beach auto body).

agree.gif

But this one looks a lot better

Click to view attachment

PeeGreen 914
Fot the price I would think it has some great parts on it sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif w00t.gif
Zardozz
I don't even know what to say about this one....
charliew
Beach boys cars had some neat ideas. The motor could be checked without messing with the top. The trunk can be raised and the top stored under the lid in the trunk, I think I remember. This add says chrome alloys but those aren't chrome. And it looks like it has snaps from a old different top left over. The top now appears to be over part of the engine vent.

I few years ago I sent off for some info to Beach Boys Racing and got a lot of old printed info back. The original designer guy replied to me but it seemed like maybe he was a little out of it or something. It seemed as though he might have had some left over parts to sell.

I bet this car could be a easy one to redo and it might be pretty neat. I agree though the longs and hell hole need real inspection but it really could be a stored inside but neglected a little car. I think I see a crack in the front pass fender at the cowl in one of the pictures looking down on the top of the pass door it could be a fracture or underlying rust.

I think the correspondence I got from BBR was through a ebay site.
Cairo94507
I really don't know what to say....I hope I will not have trouble sleeping tonight after seeing that. Poor, poor car.
IronHillRestorations
Got to be a later version of the BBR Monterey. Some of the aspects of the BBR Monterey look better in pics than they do in person. The "gills" on the side vents are a perfect example, don't look good in person.

I like the idea of the oval funnel side intakes, and have though if done right they could look good on a widebody 914. Maybe smaller?

The car may look better in person, I don't know. The pics shown make the work under all that fiberglass look like a total hack job though.

The one time I saw a Monterey in person, at BBR in Venice Beach, it looked OK from across the street, the closer you got the less appealing it became, and close inspection revealed some major kludging. Kind of like seeing a fairly attractive woman from a distance, only to find out it's a dude, ewwwwww!!

rsrguy3
ROFLMAO! Dude..... it's a dude! Yep BBR, this one is called the speedster, or something like that. I used to think it was kinda cool, but I've grown up a bit, the GT is what does it for me now. The kit with all the bits was like 4+k last I checked. That even looks like the car in the info pack, sans white interior, the other one was gray I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.