messix
seat belt retractor!? headbang.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 4 2010, 12:50 PM) *
seat belt retractor!? headbang.gif

agree.gif
underthetire
Thats what it was! Now to find another seatbelt dry.gif

BTW, don't pull the smaller cover on the retracts. I just learned the hard way.
BigDBass
Rebuilt Porsche seatbelts here: http://www.peparts.com/Detail.bok?no=78 if you can't find a good used one. Would be nice to have them actually retract, wouldn't it? (Scotchguard method didn't help much for me.)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 4 2010, 10:48 AM) *

Oops. anyone know what this was?

Woops! You are not reading your "Tech Tips 700" book! After I did this exact same thing back in 1974, I learned my lesson....never take the cover off of the seat belt retractor!!!
DanT
seatbelts
messix
porsche's "fritz in the box".... did it scare the stromberg.gif outta ya?
Root_Werks
You can put that back together, done it before. wink.gif
Phoenix-MN
agree.gif

I've done it too
tradisrad
Does the good Dr914 want to sell his tech tip 700 books or what? Doc, if we all had your book we would have nothing but politics to talk about.
underthetire
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 4 2010, 10:56 AM) *

Rebuilt Porsche seatbelts here: http://www.peparts.com/Detail.bok?no=78 if you can't find a good used one. Would be nice to have them actually retract, wouldn't it? (Scotchguard method didn't help much for me.)

No I don't have the tech tips, but I have to learn the hard way anyways.
Mine retracted with a lot of noise. It was the pull a inch then an inch more that was driving be crazy. After the first one came out like a jack in the box, I learned on the drivers one. A little lube, and found a pin that looks like it popped out of the hole on both, got the drivers side working good.

This all started with re-doing my back window. That part went well.
toon1
BTDT your lucky it did'nt get your eye, mine did
buhs914
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jun 4 2010, 11:41 AM) *

BTDT your lucky it did'nt get your eye, mine did

that's what she said.. sorry i had to
bandjoey
You order the book after making all 700 mistakes, so you can read and laugh saying:

I Did That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That,and That, and That,and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That,and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That,and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That,and That, and That,and That, and That,and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That,and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That,and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That, and That. w00t.gif
Lennies914
Jeff,
I have one just like yours, and I still have the other one that I didn't f with. Come on by and pick it up.
Sunday I'm going to the Parts Heaven swap meet. You up for another caravan? driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Jeff,
I have one just like yours, and I still have the other one that I didn't f with. Come on by and pick it up.
Sunday I'm going to the Parts Heaven swap meet. You up for another caravan? driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

I might just be up for that, but i'm driving a little slower this time! I was able to get the old one back together. That spring is a real PIA.
roadster fan
Man am I glad i am not the only one to ever do that biggrin.gif

Glad you got it back together, it is a real PITA.

Oh, and you can take the small cover off without that happening just have to be real careful and get something flat on top of the spring while lifting the cover to keep it from blowing up. I have redone a few of these and and I find by completely dissassembling and cleaning the mechanism including removing that spring you can make them work really good.

Maybe on the next one I do I will do a photo DIY.

Jim
IronHillRestorations
The moment you barely crack that thing open is one of those (slo mo deep voice) Nooooooo, oh %*&$#@@ moments!
underthetire
Both are working ok now. Just a little lube is all it took. I think next time I have the backpad out i'll clean the belts in woolite. Mine don't retract as well as they should, I think it's do to the webbing getting hard. Should probably just replace them, but i'm a little afraid of the aftermarket ones. I here some suby ones work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.