Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield channel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
Ugh so i had some rust bubbles popping up in a few places around the windshield.. Of course the DAPO decided that some black silicone rubbery crap would be the best replacement for the trim or a seal.. And OF COURSE he did a crappy job at applying it leaving soo much space for trapped water.. Here's some pics. sorry about the blurryness had to use phone camera (and if you enlarge the pic you get a larger blurry picture WOO!)

A little peek at the rubbery stuff
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Rust under the windshield and rubbery crap
Click to view attachment
buhs914
More rust.. i did some grinding in this pic to see extent of rust bubbles
Click to view attachment
buhs914
And more rust...
Click to view attachment
buhs914
Oh and my FAVORITE part about the DAPO chair.gif .. His tendency to use liquid nails on EVERYTHING including the dash cover, carpeting, wiring, etc..
Click to view attachment
buhs914
More liquid nails.. Ugh How am i going to get this off without screwing up the dash?

Click to view attachment
Lennies914
I think the DAPO just wanted to make sure that you replaced the dash with a new (or nicer) one.
buhs914
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:07 PM) *

I think the DAPO just wanted to make sure that you replaced the dash with a new (or nicer) one.

Haha yeah i'd like to do that eventually.. but this one has to do for a while. I'll figure out some way to clean it up..
underthetire
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:12 PM) *

Haha yeah i'd like to do that eventually.. but this one has to do for a while. I'll figure out some way to clean it up..

Just get a dash cap for it. My car came with one and they look fine for a driver IMO.
buhs914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 4 2010, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jun 4 2010, 08:12 PM) *

Just get a dash cap for it. My car came with one and they look fine for a driver IMO.

Yeah all the liquid nails is from the dash protector/cap thing.. I took it off to see how much liquid nails the DAPO had used..
Lennies914
That makes sense. I thought he glued on a dash rug! biggrin.gif Sorry no good ideas on the glue removal sad.gif
buhs914
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:33 PM) *

That makes sense. I thought he glued on a dash rug! biggrin.gif Sorry no good ideas on the glue removal sad.gif

Haha well thanks though! I'll probably just take it slow and carefully peel it up.. I want it to at least look halfway decent underneath the dash rug.. It makes me feel better inside biggrin.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:38 PM) *

Haha well thanks though! I'll probably just take it slow and carefully peel it up.. I want it to at least look halfway decent underneath the dash rug.. It makes me feel better inside biggrin.gif

We might be talking about a different animal here. The caps do not go all the way to the window and they are textured molded plastic.
KELTY360
Try brushing some mineral spirits on it. It may liquify the goop so you can wipe it off. Take it slow and let it sit 30 seconds or so before wiping. Will probably take multiple applications.
buhs914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 4 2010, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:38 PM) *

We might be talking about a different animal here. The caps do not go all the way to the window and they are textured molded plastic.

Yeah the vinyl cloth stuff in the back will be a little more difficult to clean but i'll figure it out.. I really can't afford to redo all of that right now..
buhs914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 4 2010, 09:52 PM) *

Try brushing some mineral spirits on it. It may liquify the goop so you can wipe it off. Take it slow and let it sit 30 seconds or so before wiping. Will probably take multiple applications.

Hmm ok I'll definitely try that. Maybe that will work well on the vinyl cloth stuff near the window..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.