Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid question - How to remove seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I know you slide them forward, and I think that there is a clip or something under the rail or something.

Hints/tips/tricks?
underthetire
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jun 4 2010, 10:07 PM) *

I know you slide them forward, and I think that there is a clip or something under the rail or something.

Hints/tips/tricks?

Yep, slide them forward. The clip is on the opposite side as the handle. Did mine today. Still kind of a bitch to find them.
steveherman
I just slide them all the way back.
then stick a large flat head screwdriver in as far as possible in the rail opposite of the handle.
then with a little more force then normal slide it forward and keep going until it comes off the track.
VaccaRabite
agree.gif

Took me a long time to figure it out the first time I tried.

Zach
nsr-jamie
You don't even need tools, I removed both my seats last week with my hands...slide it to the front and under the seat on the rail of the side with the adjuster handle there is this little stopper tab. Just push and hold that up towards the roof and with some luck your seats should just slide of the rails with no problems. Its pretty easy. You may get a bit dirty and watch you don't pinch your finger in there.
detoxcowboy
You only needs your fingers push the clip under the rail up as you push the seat foward until it passes the placement lock postion holes,..

The harder part is lining the rails up to put them back in..

steveherman
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jun 5 2010, 10:54 AM) *

You don't even need tools, I removed both my seats last week with my hands...slide it to the front and under the seat on the rail of the side with the adjuster handle there is this little stopper tab. Just push and hold that up towards the roof and with some luck your seats should just slide of the rails with no problems. Its pretty easy. You may get a bit dirty and watch you don't pinch your finger in there.

I pinched/sliced my finger wide open ONCE!!!
GOD DAMN did it hurt like a mf'er!!!
I will never stick my finger in there again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.