Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stud length for 5-lug conversions??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Need to order wheel studs for my 914,

Anyone know what the minimum length stud is being used??

Fronts and rears will be re-drilled stock /4 units for now.

thanks,

Mike
Brad Roberts
What lug nut ??

B
brant
Mike,

just a thought..
Studs can vary depending upon what you want to finally do with the car....

Do you want to run aluminum nuts as a street car.

Or, if the project ever turns into a full race car, many orgs require steel nuts and stud sticking through.. then a longer lug would be necessary.

Also, are you going to run any spacer?

I just removed an measured a set of studs at 52mm, but they had a tiny bit of spacer too.. so you'll need something a little shorther.

brant
Mueller
These are for my "rice" rims smile.gif

Not sure if open or closed lug nuts yet....

No spacers......
Brad Roberts
I'm pretty sure NONE of us can answer your question.

I need to know how thick the rim is and what lug nut you plan to run. Closed ones need X amount.

B
anthony
Mike, I bought my rear hubs from GPR. The studs they installed are marked "Verbus 10.9" and measure 50mm end to end. With a 914-6 rotor installed over the hub there is 33mm of thread exposed.

I also measured the front '86 Carrera front hubs I have. The studs are also 50mm and there is 30mm of exposed thread.
Brad Roberts
Thanks Anthony... we still dont know what HE needs...LOL

50 is stock.

I run 72's on the cars that will have some sort of spacers.

B
Mueller
Thanks for the info...I just needed a general size...

the 50mm figure should be fine, the studs available are 63.5mm so that should give me plenty of threads and then some.

The rims are 16x7 with a 40mm offset, so I might have to run a 5mm spacer in the rear if tires are close to the inside fender well, but I don't think they will be..........

I'm sure in the front I'll want to run a larger spacer to move the wheels a little closer to the outside fender lip so that it looks correct

Tire size will more than likely be 205/50/16's
jonwatts
Hold the phone, Mike. I have ten of the 50mm studs from my 5-lug conversion (I put in longer studs for my 8" rims). If you give me a pittance for mine you only have to buy 6 more for a set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.