Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Custom built 9146 GT 2.1 Twin Turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Ike9146
This is a project that is 95% complete. I have count less hours in to this cars build. I am testing the waters to see if someone wants to buy this project to complete it them self or I could finish for you. I do not have a build sheet at this time, but I could put one together for you if you are interested in this project. I am excepting reasonable offers at this time. Please feel free to ask questions about this project. I have $50K Plus invested and would like to have $40K OR BEST OFFER. Thanks Ike
J P Stein
QUOTE(Ike9146 @ Jun 6 2010, 12:01 PM) *

This is a project that is 95% complete. I have count less hours in to this cars build. I am testing the waters to see if someone wants to buy this project to complete it them self or I could finish for you. I do not have a build sheet at this time, but I could put one together for you if you are interested in this project. I am excepting reasonable offers at this time. Please feel free to ask questions about this project. Thanks Ike

Which case did you use?
Any intercooler or those water to air intercoolers in the pics?
Any dyno time?
What trans?

Looks like a nice build. What constitutes "reasonable"?
Gint
Looks cool. Good luck with the sale

But...

You need to put a price in your ad. We have one or two rules and that's one of them. This isn't an auction site. Thanks.
seebobgo
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 6 2010, 01:38 PM) *

But...

You need to put a price in your ad. We have one or two rules and that's one of them. This isn't an auction site. Thanks.

agree.gif
Ike9146
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 6 2010, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Ike9146 @ Jun 6 2010, 12:01 PM) *

This is a project that is 95% complete. I have count less hours in to this cars build. I am testing the waters to see if someone wants to buy this project to complete it them self or I could finish for you. I do not have a build sheet at this time, but I could put one together for you if you are interested in this project. I am excepting reasonable offers at this time. Please feel free to ask questions about this project. Thanks Ike

Which case did you use?
Any intercooler or those water to air intercoolers in the pics?
Any dyno time?
What trans?

Looks like a nice build. What constitutes "reasonable"?

I used a 2.2 911 case with case savers installed and raceware head studs.The intercoolers are in the inside and have ducts ramming air through them.The oil coolers are on the outside that you can see. I haven't fired it since the twin turbo con version. The engine produced 215 hp at the wheels with 46 mm weber carbs before.The trans is a 901 side shift with shorter ratios and ZF 80% LSD set up with 911 carrera CV joints.
Ike9146
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 6 2010, 02:38 PM) *

But...

oops sorry I will put a price on it.
Ike9146
QUOTE(seebobgo @ Jun 6 2010, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 6 2010, 01:38 PM) *

But...

agree.gif

oops sorry I will fix that.
Andyrew
This wouldnt happen to be Chris Julians old car would it?
Ike9146
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 17 2010, 11:28 PM) *

This wouldnt happen to be Chris Julians old car would it?

No it's not. I got this car from Scott Cousimano the owner of CMW Motorsports, and I built this car with some help from scott and his dad bob at CMW motorsports. The engine development was done at CMW using vast amount of development in the cylinder heads to make big improvements in flow and to build a light weight valve train that can be run above 10,000 RPM all day long with out any failure. the only thing left todo to the car is to finish up the wiring for the Megasquirt EFI and tune the engine and see how much power it will make at 4 Bar of boost. The engine should produce 600+ horsepower maybe more says the guys at CMW motorsports. Tell me if that is going to get the job. who is Chris Julian ?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ike9146 @ Jun 18 2010, 12:10 PM) *

who is Chris Julian?

He's a Nor-Cal guy who used to have a 914 that looked very similar to yours.

Here's a recent thread about him:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=106964

If you're really going to end up in the 500HP+ range, the 901 won't hold up to the torque ...

Sounds like a great project, good luck with the sale.
bye1.gif Andy
casey944
good ness... 4 bar?!?
Ike9146
QUOTE(casey944 @ Jun 18 2010, 12:45 PM) *

good ness... 4 bar?!?

yes sir ,why not ? Im not scared. F1 TURBO 1.5 liter engines ran 4 BAR during the races and in qualifying ran 5 bar making 1200 hp. I have an ECU that is 100 times faster to run the engine management than F1 had in the 1980's that will help in the tunning. It really comes down to the fuel that is being used, I will be setting it up on E85 Ethanol. or VP Q16 is good to but E85 only cost $2.85 a gallon here in San Diego. That will get her done!!!!!
Ike9146
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 18 2010, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Ike9146 @ Jun 18 2010, 12:10 PM) *

who is Chris Julian?

He's a Nor-Cal guy who used to have a 914 that looked very similar to yours.

Here's a recent thread about him:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=106964

If you're really going to end up in the 500HP+ range, the 901 won't hold up to the torque ...

Sounds like a great project, good luck with the sale.
bye1.gif Andy

The 901 in this car has been built to handle more Power and torque , I would think it will brake a CV joint first. I have a set of 930 CV joints on the shelf just in case. TIME will only tell, drivin properly with a skilled driver it can last for quite some time. The new owner can always step up to a 915 or G50. The car is only 1875 lbs so It's not pushing much weight. 500hp that will be fun finding the limit on the tranny don't you think.
Andyrew
Those are F1 engines. What turbos are you using that your expecting it to run to 4bar? You know they have efficiency ranges right?

You'll probably make more power on 2 bar (30psi) than "4 bar".. But 2.5 bar or so might be your sweet spot. But in reality it all depends on what turbo your talking about. With your baseline HP your speaking of and claiming your going to run "4bar" your going to need a turbo which's efficiency range could be enough to push closer to 1k hp.

Again, What turbos are you running?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.