Group: Members
Member No.: 18,039

Idles rough for about 2 min. then smooths out. Then I drive it, runs good. Maybe a small miss or two. When the temp gauge hits about 80 c, It starts missing so bad I dont thing I can make it home and it wants to die at the stops. When I watch the timing with a light at 3500 RPM, it holds steady and jumps away and comes back suddenly but just now and then. After it gets to about 80 C it jumps all over the place. I've tried different distributors, put in a electronic ignition, back to points, New coil with 50,000 amps. New Plugs, Wires are only 3000 miles old, but I did try a new coil wire. New cap and rotor and condenser. New fuel pump and filter. Checked for vacuum leeks. I did find that the injector rubber looks real bad so until my new gaskets get here I put gasket maker around them. Didn't help. I tried a different computer control unit also. I cleaned all the ground wires. getting proper voltage to the coil. I put an ohm meter on the wire going to what I think is the Head temp censer on the passenger side towards the back of the motor. It ohms at 1.65k before I ran the car. Ohms at 0 after the car was very worm at which point it was running like crap. I dont know if this is what it should ohm out to be or not. On the injectors between the two terminals ohmed at 3.5. Not sure if this is right ether. Anyone have any Ideas. Something is wrong the whole time but shows up bad When it is at operating temp. Oh its a 71 with a 1.8lt. but with the D-jet system.