Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stolen 914 in Southern California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
No affiiiation. Just found the ad and suggested he get some exposure here.

Anyone know this car?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/1774376095.html

Bruce
Gint
Moving this 914 public service announcement to the garage.

Text from the craigslist ad:

Hey Everyone! There is a green porsche 914 out there somewhere in California. It is my dads and was stolen last night. If you know anyone who has seen it or any info on it please let us know. We would really like to have it back. And if everyone can keep on the look out for it. its a custom car. Im asking everyone to help out on this. The licence plate is ridlrv8. It has wide body flairs and shaved doors and hood. Please help us out.

IPB Image

Here's the email link from the craigslist ad:
sale-5tzfq-1774376095@craigslist.org
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif Let's find this car!
SLITS
4 nights ago ... it's long gone now ...
EdwardBlume
icon_bump.gif Everyone's worst nightmare...
RFoulds
Hope he had replacement value insurance. 99% chance its in Mexico by now.
narino
This makes me sick. I'll keep my eyes open.

This pushes me more to getting my car lowjacked.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(narino @ Jun 7 2010, 12:35 PM) *

Buy a pay as you go cellphone. Put a childtracker program on it. Wire it to the electrical system on the car and hide it where it is not easily found.

If the car turns up missing, just log into the childtracker website, and it will tell you where the car is. Then take some friends and go steal it back.

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 7 2010, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(narino @ Jun 7 2010, 12:35 PM) *

Buy a pay as you go cellphone. Put a childtracker program on it. Wire it to the electrical system on the car and hide it where it is not easily found.

If the car turns up missing, just log into the childtracker website, and it will tell you where the car is. Then take some friends and go steal it back.

Will any Pay-as-you-go phone work, or just certain types. I have a Boost Mobile pay/go and I don't see where a childtracker could be added ?? It does have a GPS function, if that helps; and it can access the web.
914xprs
:WTF the cell phone theory is good but you will still search for hrs and possably on the otherside of town with a cheap phone. believe me i tried this with my wife and as sad as this may soun,,,,,,,,TMI, but for my point and only for my 914 brothers...ok back to story...
i found out where she was alright and went to go see what was going on... well i searched for a while right where my phone told me she was.. never found her and now was borderline stalkin...turns out she had arrived home 2 min. after i leftand had been at a club in orange county... yeah. where she said she was goin..
ahhyye. some times you just gotta check. but for a while ill stick to askin...ok but my new android smart phone is what u could use. any smart phone with android 2.0 has gps,wifi,cell triangulation running 247 if enabled and i can pin point my phone within a few inches from my pc.

i buy 914's and i have my look out for the car as well....good idea bruce.. someone oughta see it even if gone to mexico..still a small comunity worldwide and us parts sellers just might here somethin.

cheers and good night:
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(914xprs @ Jun 7 2010, 11:09 PM) *

:WTF the cell phone theory is good but you will still search for hrs and possably on the otherside of town with a cheap phone.

You're right. In my case, Nordstrom, Macys, and the rest of the mall are all together so I really don't know where she spends all her time until the credit card bill shows up... lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.