Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Caliper re-build question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I'm in the process of rebuilding all four brake calipers and am contemplating having them cadmium plated. Does anyone know if the plating process will require that the bores be re-polished. I'm thinking that since the o-ring sits in the caliper and if the piston is smooth with no pitting; that as long as the bore is clean and free of any gouges that the plating process will have little effect.

Any thoughts or experience is appreciated.

Thanks
underthetire
This guy would know for sure
http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...552/4782980.htm
drgchapman
Eric will chime in shortly.......
underthetire
I hope so. Can't use his checkout thingy on the web site.
jmill
You'll most likely get them zinc plated. Not too many places do cad plating anymore.
McMark
I can see Eric is typing right now. But I learned at the last WCR that zinc is OE. cool.gif
Eric_Shea
The good news is, ATE zinc plated them... not CAD.

The better news is, you won't need to hone them once they're plated. the bores should come back smooth and clean.

What's wrong with the checkout thingy?
underthetire
Kept waiting for some secure check out. Ill call you tomorrow.
Eric_Shea
We use "authorize.net"

Fairly standard for secure checkout. Is it hanging? I tried a test order and everthing was fine.
tradisrad
i painted mine and while they look good I wish I had them zinc plated....
underthetire
I just bought a rebuilt zinc plated one at the swap meet I have to paint.. barf.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 8 2010, 08:39 AM) *

We use "authorize.net"

Fairly standard for secure checkout. Is it hanging? I tried a test order and everthing was fine.

Worked today. Not yesterday. Now go get my lines slap.gif
LotusJoe
Thanks for the info guys. Will let you know how it turns out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.