Tman914
Looking to duy a new distributor for my 1974 2.0 914 D-jet
some thing i can drop in and set, whats the best one out there these days
and where to get it . And should I go with points or Ele:

Thanks
Tman914
NO ONE KNOW'S COME ON guys
detoxcowboy
Myself I would just get a good used Bosch 011 ('74 2.0) dist. over an aftermarket replacement. Personally I use the Crane xr700 elec. ign..
ConeDodger
If you are still running your DJet EFI you must run a DJet distributor. I assume you aren't since you are asking about other types.

The best choice in my opinion is the Mallory Unilite modified for our engines. They were scarce a couple years back. Something about Mallory being bought out and moving their factory. Raby's Type IV Store sold them, with a proprietary change he gave them for our distributors. I think CFR may have stocked them too. I have one sitting on the shelf that I intend to keep until I am sure I will never go back from crank fired aftermarket efi.
Cap'n Krusty
There are no new ones, and most of the rebuilt ones are junk with the wrong vacuum capsule attached.

THe Cap'n
underthetire
He does say Djet. You have 0 choices other to find a good used one or have yours rebuilt.
sean_v8_914
I have tried several cardone rebuilt units.crap. I think I went to kragen of auto zone. never got one to work well
SLITS
If you want one rebuilt, it is best to go to a speciality rebuilder. Production rebuilders A1/Cardone are sloppy at best.

You need help getting one ... pm me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.