Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to be selling the 914 soonish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
Well it's been a great few years since i've bought my 73 1.7L but i just can't keep up with the work it needs anymore and i need something newer or some older American car where parts are plentiful and cheap.. I've done a lot to it but it still needs a lot. I'll be working on what i can for the next couple months until i put it up for sale. I really REALLY don't want to part with it but as a broke ass college student and I've come to realize i can't afford to do it anymore (plus there's a lot of pressure from my mom and girlfriend to sell it for the financial reasons)... These cars have worked their way into my favorite car position even with all of it's issues and obscure style.. Later on down the road i dream of buying another, maybe a 2.0L or doing my own 6 conversion.. That quirky frog-like smile will pull me back one day..Click to view attachment

P.S. -- For a sale price i was thinking around $4000. It has some rust in the longs but door gaps are great and doors close & open w/o a problem. The hell hole has rust as well but the PO used A LOT of POR15 in that area so at least it slowed the spreading. It'll need a repaint after i finish some exterior bodywork that i'm working on (that's if i don't get it touched up before sale). The engine and tranny work well and smooth. I changed a bunch of seals on the motor and also replaced the entire ignition system.. It's got a weber progressive which works good, i wanted to do a duel carb conversion but that's out of my budget. I'll post some pics of the rust and other things later and I'd like to know how much you guys think i could get out of it in a sale..
MoveQik
I did the exact same thing in college. Just wasn't the right time. You'll be back. Good luck!
KELTY360
These cars become part of your DNA. You'll think about it when it's gone....probably even bore friends with how cool it was....and you'll celebrate when your next one comes along. Sometimes the time isn't right to be owned by one, but they will find you again sooner or later. assimilate.gif

Good luck!
buhs914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 8 2010, 10:08 AM) *

I did the exact same thing in college. Just wasn't the right time. You'll be back. Good luck!

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 8 2010, 10:23 AM) *

These cars become part of your DNA. You'll think about it when it's gone....probably even bore friends with how cool it was....and you'll celebrate when your next one comes along. Sometimes the time isn't right to be owned by one, but they will find you again sooner or later. assimilate.gif

Good luck!

Haha you guys are the best! I really enjoy this forum and the people here. Maybe one day i'll get to meet some of you!
Tom
You probably don't realize it but you are now infected with a virus put in 914s by those crafty Germans. The only cure is owning a 914. When you own one, or 2, or more, you can bitch about the car not working right dry.gif - then fix it and drive it biggrin.gif . When you don't have one, you will always remember only the driving parts and fun stuff- then you find a way to get another one. piratenanner.gif
You'll be back! it's the only cure!!!
Tom
carr914
Do what you have to do, it's OK. Just remember us when you come back.

The good thing is, now you know the ins & outs of the car and will know what to look for after you graduate and are making the big bucks.

This is the reason my son in college has a Honda instead of a 914.

Good Luck
T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.