Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this for real??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Saw this online at the bay.... a 15-20 HP increase for under 10 bucks??

Sounds too good to be true.

Is it? Is this a scam? Anyone know anything about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=42604

Found this too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33597

And this even:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33659

Is stuff really this cheap?? Please someone tell me I'm stupid for even considering this...

Matt
nebreitling
first two appear just to be resistors. big f-ing deal. go to radioshack, cost you a few cents. probably makes your car run a little rich. probably not good for it, either -- may screw with your cat, or 02 sensor, or...?

a cold air intake might be good for something -- i.e. a few more hp -- but that one looks pretty damn cheap to me. i wouldn't stick it on my car, that's for sure. get a real air intake, w/ K+N.

or get 10 "tornados" (remember these?) and stick them in series. good for about 100hp.
Dave_Darling
"Resistor chip"... It's a resistor, and it makes the FI think that the air going into the intake is colder than it is. So more fuel gets added, and the ignition timing gets advanced. Very small benefits (sometimes none), and resistors can be had at Radio Shack for less than a buck.

--DD
iiibdsiil
That intake looks like a helluva deal. My buddy has an 03 RSX Type S and installed the Injen CAI. Pretty nice setup. You do have to make a little cut, for the pipe to fit through. And if you have the fog lights, then I am pretty sure it won't work.

The piping looks like the same bends and what not. But his came with all the extension lines and everything. All he had to do was the one cut and plug everything together. Very nice kit.

A lot of the people are doing ground upgrades. They sell a kit on ebay, but you could easily make one with 4 gauge wire.

ClubRSX has a lot of information on it. ClubRSX.com. Message forum set up just like this, except with a lot of punk kids so don't expect it to be as mature as one like this.

Not sure if you are having a motor mount problem or not, because on my buddies, the motor would rock under hard acceleration and shifting, but they make a motor mount insert. It makes the car vibrate at idle though.

- Brett Smith
weird_looking_cactus
Yep don't get the Resistor's I got fooled into buying it for a friend. Go to radio shakck they have tons of them for cheap.
lapuwali
ClubRSX has a lot of information on it. ClubRSX.com. Message forum set up just like this, except with a lot of punk kids so don't expect it to be as mature as one like this

We're not mature! We're not! We're not! We're not! :finger2:
iiibdsiil
Lol. Go check out that forum. You would be surprised some of the people are over 10 years old.

- Brett Smith
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.