Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear bearing damage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I have a 43K 2.0 motor I want to use. I started to reseal the motor to stop some leaks before putting the motor to use. I removed the flywheel to replace the rear seal and found something ugly. I am not sure how this could happen. I cannot see any damage to the flywheel shims. I do not think they touch the damage surface. I measured the end play and found .004" Could this be left over from when the case was machined? Any ideas?
sean_v8_914
whats wrong with it?
sean_v8_914
are yoiu asking about the right side outer ring discoloration?
70_914
The 2 windows into the crank case that are not there on my blocks???
type47
Whoa! popcorn[1].gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Jun 14 2010, 02:20 AM) *

whats wrong with it?

On the right side there was a burr that had been raised up. It was about 1/16" high maybe more. It cleaned up easily. I have come to the conclusion that the rear bearing must be moving a little in the case and this may have pushed (mushroomed) the metal. End play was .004" There were 3 shims. This thread started just before the site went down so I posted on the Club. There I stated there were only 2 shims. I was wrong. 2 were tightly stuck and I separated them with a razor blade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.