Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fritz's big brother.. finally done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
tod914
After 8 months of working on it over the winter, car is finally finished. Late start for the concours season, but still plenty of shows of left to attend.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

MDG
FAN-tastic!!

Great job, Tod.

I think Fritz might shudder a bit though at the sight of that front badge poke.gif

and, OMG!! . . . . . is that an antenna!?! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
Nice work Tod! smilie_pokal.gif
Jasfsmith
Exceptional job. Well done!
tod914
Thanks guys. Just couple little minor things yet to do, but done for the most part.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 13 2010, 01:10 PM) *

After 8 months of working on it over the winter, car is finally finished. Late start for the concours season, but still plenty of shows of left to attend.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Super work tod!
Any pics of the engine, belly, compartments, etc?
Pat
jonferns
Wow Tod, that looks great!
tod914
Pat, I'll take more shots this week. Belly I won't do. Too much work for me. Some where between 1998 when I last seen the car out in California, and last summer when I purchased it, one of the the PO's must of driven the car through mud of a very hot day. The dirt embeded itself into the undercoating. Was a major undertaking getting the wheel wells clean. Dirt was actually caked up in there. The car was immaculate by your standards back then, when it was under Joe Boucher's care. I might look into having the bottom steam cleaned at the local Ziebart place prior to putting it away for the winter. More pics to follow smile.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 13 2010, 01:10 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

FWIW, I think yours is Fritz's "younger" brother. Yeah, a little more muscular, but younger. Helluva job Tod.
Pat
tod914
Here's the photobucket link of the "light" resto if you want to call it that. Description listed under each picture; need to click the picture to read it. Abit too many to post here.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...%20Bahia%20Red/
underthetire
Linky no worky.
bembry
Beautiful--thankfully still has stock front valence and no damned Euro lights too!
tod914
Thankyou! Did the link work for you Bembry? I'll post it again.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...%20Bahia%20Red/
bembry
worked for me--Awesome pics!
MDG
Great pics, great car.

Way to go, Tod
rmital
the car looks even better in person....crazy clean....motivated me to start considering clay baring and more.

now just have to get the right products....tod...little help here! maybe we go shopping one day at lunch.
tod914
Ray, next time I'm in Pompton Lakes I'll pick up the Mother's clay bar kit for you. I'll likely head out that way sometime next week. Seems most places stopped carrying it, and the Mequires clay is way too sticky. Leaves a residue. The other products are easy to find. Any days but Mondays or Thursdays are good for me. We will get your teener looking real good.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 8 2010, 04:00 PM) *

Ray, next time I'm in Pompton Lakes I'll pick up the Mother's clay bar kit for you. I'll likely head out that way sometime next week. Seems most places stopped carrying it, and the Mequires clay is way too sticky. Leaves a residue. The other products are easy to find. Any days but Mondays or Thursdays are good for me. We will get your teener looking real good.

Tod,

I'm a BIG believer in Meguiars products. I've used thier clay bars for years, with no stickiness. Now, with that said, I've never used them on a non-clearcoated car (excluding my 914). When used on a clearcoated car (and, I've never used a clay bar on my 914), I've found that, with de-ionized water and nothing else, Meguiars claybars are a pleasure to work with. Scrubs off the winter scum & leaves the surface primo for polishing/sealing. When it comes to my 914, it's strictly non-abrasive Meguiars products.

But that's just me selected mixture. We all have our own balms that have pleased us. Always room for something new though. I'd bet that, over 47 years of car freakness, I've tried at least 200 waxes/cleaners/sealants. Settled with a biggrin.gif on Meguiars goodies about 25 years ago. Never disappointed me.

But......we all have our goos. And if it works for you, and gives you a "woodie" - you have something to stick with.
Pat
tod914
Pat, certianly haven't tried nearly as many products as you, but with the exception of the clay bar system, I use Mequires now. The PS21 carnuba wax looks great, for a few weeks. After I claybar the car, I put a dab of the Mequires scratch remover and a dab of PS21 paint cleaner on a soft cotton cloth to polish the car. Really does a nice job and makes the paint pop out. Then I finish it off with the Mequires newer style liquid wax. I'm sure there are better products to use, but I'm quite happy with the results. In the past I used Mothers & PS21 products. Some of the waxes on the market $$$$.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.