Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE experts, is this an LE?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesM
Looking around on ebay and found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
davep
No VIN given, but it seems to be a good candidate.
Someone local should nab it.
hot_shoe914
The man wants 2500 for the entire car,didn't ask him if it was an LE as I didn't want him jacking the price up.

Shoe
Todd Enlund
The auction is for the wheels... Shoe, you must have contacted him about the whole car?
JamesM
Dont need to ask if it is an LE, just get the VIN and dataplate info.

Looks like he is trying to sell the fuel injection system in another auction. It is a 74 2.0 so it seems likely this could be an LE.

$2500? 914's must be worth a lot more on the east coat!

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 13 2010, 07:29 PM) *

The man wants 2500 for the entire car,didn't ask him if it was an LE as I didn't want him jacking the price up.

Shoe

poorsche914
YES, it is a Creamsicle... 4742915640

Listed on ebay a couple weeks ago but he did not sell it at the high bid of around $2700. Must think it is golden confused24.gif Had a lot of rust issues. Floor has been replaced. Looks like hell hole was pretty bad. Lot of pieces missing.

He is doing a 6 conversion, swapping to 5 lug, and turning it into a track car.

driving.gif

Cap'n Krusty
So the car is too rusty to be safe for the street, so he's gonna track it? THERE'S an example of true brilliance ..............................

The Cap'n
naro914
So the car is too rusty to be safe for the street, so he's gonna track it? THERE'S an example of true brilliance ..............................

actually, that's how a lot of 914's end up as track cars.
if you wanted to make it somewhat original, you have to use the right parts, make it look perfect, etc. To make it a race car, you replace rusted metal with tubes, sheet metal, etc. but they don't have to be perfefct welds that someone is going to look at and say 'jeez, not great workmanship there'. Most racers don't car - make it strong, and make it light.
naro914

Just curious, how can you tell an LE car from the VIN?
SirAndy
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 14 2010, 03:07 PM) *

Because that VIN is in the LE registry ...

biggrin.gif Andy
SirAndy
Here's the Ad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PORSCHE 914 MAHLE WHEELS FOUR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for bid is one set of four mahle Porsche 914 wheels in good
condition. The tires will be peeled prior to shipping. SHIPPING WILL
BE DETERMINED AT THE AUCTIONS END OR EMAIL US WITH
YOUR ZIP FOR A QUOTE or of course you can pick them up.

Due to the amount of questions these wheels are in really good condition
despite the orange paint.I don't believe too many people will be using
them in the orange color anyhow. One wheel has two small dings about
an eigth inch on the very edge of the wheel - very small. The other three
are free of any curb rash or any other kind of defects. I believe these
wheels will clean up real nice with minimal amount of work.
NO center caps.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

naro914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 14 2010, 06:15 PM) *

biggrin.gif Andy

which would be.....where?? (sorry for my ingorance, I have really no idea where to find that info)
SirAndy
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 14 2010, 03:20 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 14 2010, 06:15 PM) *
which would be.....where?? (sorry for my ingorance, I have really no idea where to find that info)

Our very own Jeff Bowlsby runs the LE registry:
http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

Also, our VIN database page let's you filter by LE and the known possible VIN range for LE's is color coded (with a light yellow background):
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...vins&byLE=1

Any factory white or black 914 within that range is a possible contender for LE status. But only a COA will make it official ...
shades.gif Andy
naro914
thanks Andy!
Michael N
Well the rims sold. The good news is they are going back on a Creamcicle that was missing its Phoenix Red rims.

Click to view attachment

poorsche914
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 14 2010, 10:29 PM) *

Well the rims sold. The good news is they are going back on a Creamcicle that was missing its Phoenix Red rims.

Yay! piratenanner.gif cheer.gif
Looks like you got a good deal.
driving.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 14 2010, 07:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Excellent! Sorry I bumped the price up on yah sad.gif . Although I only bid it up to $155. I was kinda hoping to score the FI. I was hoping noone would bid & he would give it to me for $200 shipped. Oh well didn't need either really.

On a related note. I was pulling some parts off my 74 parts car. I remembered to get the vin info for the site. I'll be damned my red car has a L041 paint code. Not much else tipping it as an LE. IT does have the extra front tabs for an LE valance. Dang car had so many random different pieces I never even bothered to look before. I went ahead & ordered a COA to know for sure. It does fall into the right LE vin range. It even looks to be one number before the good doctors Beautiful Creamsicle off the line idea.gif
BigDBass
I got the FI set up. smilie_pokal.gif Woulda liked to have paid 200 shipped too. biggrin.gif All the right stuff for my '74 2.0. My fuel pump and AAR are questionable, and I figured it can't hurt to have spares of the rest.
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 14 2010, 09:33 PM) *
On a related note. I was pulling some parts off my 74 parts car. I remembered to get the vin info for the site. I'll be damned my red car has a L041 paint code. Not much else tipping it as an LE. IT does have the extra front tabs for an LE valance. Dang car had so many random different pieces I never even bothered to look before. I went ahead & ordered a COA to know for sure. It does fall into the right LE vin range. It even looks to be one number before the good doctors Beautiful Creamsicle off the line idea.gif

wacko.gif

You sure know how to pick 'em!
biggrin.gif Andy
poorsche914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 15 2010, 12:33 AM) *

Ya gonna put it back together? blink.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 14 2010, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 14 2010, 07:29 PM) *

Excellent! Sorry I bumped the price up on yah sad.gif . Although I only bid it up to $155. I was kinda hoping to score the FI. I was hoping noone would bid & he would give it to me for $200 shipped. Oh well didn't need either really.

No worries on the price. I figured that I was prepared to pay slightly over 50.00 per rim.

What a deal if the parts car comes back as a Creamcicle. Looking forward to hearing what the COA comes back as for the red car. popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 15 2010, 09:34 AM) *

What a deal if the parts car comes back as a Creamcicle. Looking forward to hearing what the COA comes back as for the red car. popcorn[1].gif

Actually, with a base color of black, it would be a bumble-bee ...
driving.gif Andy
Michael N
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 15 2010, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Jun 15 2010, 09:34 AM) *

Actually, with a base color of black, it would be a bumble-bee ...
driving.gif Andy

I should know that. biggrin.gif I've got Creamcicle on the mind thinking about my stored car.
JRust
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 15 2010, 07:15 AM) *

Ya gonna put it back together? blink.gif

If it comes back as a Bumblebee It certainly wont be the track car I thought it would be good for. Kind of doubt I will restore this one though. I want to get my dang v8 conversion back on the road. The Creamsicle resto has taken a year & a half. I will probably give George first crack at it. Be pretty dang cool to have consecutive LE's. One being a BEE & one being a Creamsicle. Otherwise I will give another member the chance at it. It will take a lot of work. Not much there from it's LE days if it is one. It will need alot of parts & hell hole work. Although the trunks & pan look good. I think the passenger long will need a little work too but not bad. I'll get more into all that once I know smile.gif
scotty b
Show of hands. Who all bid on those wheels ?

I was number 2 bidder hissyfit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.