Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Relay board cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BigDBass
Hi,
I'm looking for a good relay board cover with no cracks. I need one with the hole in it for the bolt and knob that holds it in place.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 13 2010, 09:47 PM) *

Hi,
I'm looking for a good relay board cover with no cracks. I need one with the hole in it for the bolt and knob that holds it in place.

I've got 2 under the front hood of my car right now. I know one is cracked, I will check the condition of the other one.
bdstone914
I have several without the hole. Not sure if there is any difference other than the hole. No cracks
Bruce

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 13 2010, 05:47 PM) *

Hi,

Tom_T
Don - IIRC the later ones made without the hole in the early shape, still has the indent to punch/cut/drill out the hole, but you might want to epoxy in a large flat plastic washer or disk on the underside to reinforce around the hole so it won't crack the new one. I think AA may still have some NOS.
BigDBass
Thanks for responses. Glad to see there are some of these out there.. one never knows.

I ordered an AA repro cover a couple months ago but it's never showed so I wrote it off.

Tom, I like the idea of reinforcing the hole-less one and making a hole. Might be stronger than one with a factory hole?

Will send some PMs shortly for pricing.

bperry
There seems to be 2 different styles. Both have a hole in the top.

Click to view attachment

The one with the angled front is the orignal from my '74.

--- bill
BigDBass
Thanks for posting the difference, Bill!

I need the angled one. Still looking!
GaroldShaffer
PM sent beerchug.gif
detoxcowboy
Drill the hole, there is even a factory mark on the covers that lines up perfectly, the drilled hole does not need re-enforcement... It is not torqued down, the covers stay on without the stem/knob set-up, the addition of the stem/knob only holds it in place... LIKE A CHIN STRAP ON A BASEBALL HAT!! blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.