Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro 1.8 spec 1974 914 pics:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
I've been searching, just curious, for pictures of the dual carb set-up the 914's used in 1974 1.8 cars. Or at least I thought they used carbs?

I noticed the casting on the type 4 block for a mechanical fuel pump. Wondered what application would that ever have been for? Even early 70's Bus's had L-Jet, right?

idea.gif
914Sixer
The carb set up was Euro ONLY. I think the 73 Bus had carbs on the 1.7 then they went to FI.
Root_Werks
Yup, Euro only, and I'm pretty sure why I'm having some trouble finding good pictures.

This is a picture I had saved from a 1.7? Bus I believe. It'd be kinda neat to know if the 914 1.8 was pretty much the same thing.
sean_v8_914
czfhfdzh
Root_Werks
Thanks Sean!

So do these use a mechanical fuel pump?

This casting on type 4 cases makes me think there is a mechanical pump application somewhere out there.
Root_Werks
Ah, here is more on the subject:

"Fuel pump boss - The difference in the cases is relatively minor: three major areas are going to outlined. The carb. engine of any model had a mechanical fuel pump in the area by the sump and engine mounting flange. So if you plan to use an electric fuel pump for your carbs or are running EFI, a block off plate will be necessary. "
Root_Werks
And here is why nobody uses the mechanical pumps:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4569096

There, good searchable thread if anyone ever wants info.

Still would be cool to see a stock Euro 1.8 engine bay picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.