Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: lowered AND raised Range Rover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Is this car broken or did I miss out on the latest cool trend... ?!?! I followed him for about a mile like this.

-Steve

IPB Image

underthetire
Bet his front air ride went out.
sean_v8_914
air ride malfunction?
PeeGreen 914
It's broken. The type of suspension they used on these yearsw goes out regularly enough that the update is to yank the whole thing out and replace it with something that is more reliable.
underthetire
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 14 2010, 12:40 PM) *

It's broken. The type of suspension they used on these yearsw goes out regularly enough that the update is to yank the whole thing out and replace it with something that is more reliable.

Was it made by Lucas Electronics? The prince of darkness.

Ever wonder why the brits drank warm beer- Lucas made the fridges.
TheCabinetmaker
You shouldn't be taking pictures while driving!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Given that's an HSE, it's probably Bosch late 99' and later use all Bosch for FI etc.

It could be a number of things, buddy of mine has had their 00' for a number of years now. When the air bag system fails, sometimes it can do wierd stuff.

Includes failing deflated and limiting the Rover to 35mph.

The air bag systems are actually really good and simple systems. Air bags take minutes to replace and don't cost anymore than a shock does.

Just like anything, you keep up on it, it works well. wink.gif
Zundfolge
The lady across the street from us owns one like that (only in black).

Her's is broken in the back, not the front, but when the car sits for a bit the back sags. After she gets it running for a bit it eventually levels back out.

This is one thing I strongly disagree with Clarkson about ... Land Rovers are really over priced crap ... I'd put a Jeep product against any Land or Range Rover out there (and Jeeps have their issues too).
underthetire
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jun 14 2010, 12:47 PM) *

The lady across the street from us owns one like that (only in black).

Her's is broken in the back, not the front, but when the car sits for a bit the back sags. After she gets it running for a bit it eventually levels back out.

This is one thing I strongly disagree with Clarkson about ... Land Rovers are really over priced crap ... I'd put a Jeep product against any Land or Range Rover out there (and Jeeps have their issues too).

I have yet to see a "real" issue on my 01 Jeep yet, 235K miles on it now.
rohar
The fun part is when the wheel height sensors (simple potentiometers) start going out and telling the auto leveling system bad information and the whole truck starts dancing.

That said, the suspension on a landrover is kinda like 914 brakes. PITA, but when everything's working right, you won't spill your chardonnay while crossing a crevasse.
messix
there is nothing available from any auto makers [limited or specailty excluded] that can match a new rubicon off road, past or present.

the new rubi's give many highly modifed jeeeps a run for the money on trails.

it would be great to see a camel trophy using jeep rubicons...... naw it would just be a drive in the woods for them.... boring.

MikeSpraggi
I recently bought a '98 RR as a tow vehicle for the teener. PO replaced the air bag system with coil overs. A very common "upgrade". Done a couple of long tows with it and loved the ride and comfort. PO put a lot of recent money into dealing with the issues so, I think I'll get my money's worth out of it. Anyways, I really like driving it, but again, it is only my tow vehicle, don't use it as a daily driver nor do I want to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.