Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipe this....going sssllllooowww
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Old blades were bad so I put on new ones. The wipers never really wiped fast but were OK in lite rain. With the new blades on they are even slower almost seems like the friction of the blade on the glass is slowing them down.

Is my wiper motor going bad?? is there a adjustment that I should do? Does RainX really work?

I don't drive in the rain usually but some times you just can avoid it.

- Garold

edit - I need to learn to spell.
Rusty
Garold,

RainX is good stuff... but it sounds like your windshield wiper rack might be getting a little dry. People report success disassembling them and lubing them up. I've never done the job myself.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Jeroen
RainX does work, but you have to fiddle about on how much to apply
To little and it won't work. Too much will smudge your windscreen (and it's a bitch to get off)
When applied right, it's functional for 1 or 2 weeks, then do it again
I stopped using it after a short while...

YMMV

cheers,

Jeroen
Joe Bob
Most new blades have a dressing that you put on....tends to give ozone/sun rot protection and lube the blades....
Curvie Roadlover
I swear by Rainex. If I was given a choice of driving in the rain with a fresh coat of rainex or with new wipers, I'd take the rainex every time. I get mezmerized watching the droplets of rain racing to the top of the windshield (I'm easily entertained) smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.