Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Filter question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
I wanted to order some oil filters for my six conversion, but I'm not sure what filter to order? It will be a 3.6 conversion running a stock 914-6 oil tank. Is there a particular year or model that would be best??? Can I just order a stock 914-6 filter?? I was worried about the flow w/ a stock 6 filter and the higher volume pump in the 3.6.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(East coaster @ Apr 6 2004, 01:01 PM)
... I'm not sure what filter to order? It will be a 3.6 conversion running a stock 914-6 oil tank. Is there a particular year or model that would be best???

i would very seriously consider at least using the 73+ oil filter console and the newer type filters.

other than that, i don't know the details of what the big-engine conversion guys have done to handle the flow, so i'll be watching this thread and trying to learn too ...
siverson
I welded on the slightly larger fitting (sorry, don't remember the dimensions), that let you use the bigger 930 filter. Oil filter part #: 930.107.764.01

-Seve
East coaster
Steve, You welded on a larger fitting to what? The oil filter casting??
siverson
Ooops, sorry, I just took a look at it to remember what I did.

I use a Vellios tank which is threaded to accept a number of different oil filter adapters. So the male-male adapter that is screwed into my tank (not welded as I had thought) is slightly larger for the 930 oil filter. Make sense?

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.