Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally getting it done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimmyG
Hello all
I wanted to let you guys see what I have doing. For those that don't know me I have been fooling around with 914 for many years. It took a little age to have the patience to do a car on this scale.
OK.. I bought #1800 in Burlingame Ca. in 2003. I was going to modify it and many told me not to change it so it morphed into 2 cars and has been sitting for several years.The other car is a converted six and will have to wait.
This is a rust free example...One thing we don't have in Al. The interior was very bad off though... The good thing about the east coast..Good interior.
I found a very nice time capsule 70 four banger in Pa and went there to get it.
It has some long damage but it had been inside sitting since 86 so the parts I need are great! Two piece brake handle small mirror,great interior..even the small belt holder on the driver side and so forth for an original 6.I will be sending pics as I go forward. I don't get to sit in front of the computer very much so be patient with me.If I am lucky...I stress Lucky.. My wife and I are going to try to make it to the MUSR11.
JimmyG
It begins.
JimmyG
Jane is great with fabric. See will be helping on all of these needs Thank God!
JimmyG
I can't count the times I said Don't scratch it to myself!
JimmyG
Cleaning is half the time!
JimmyG
slow but getting somewhere
JimmyG
Got the lower dash done with an nice original radio, rear defrost and also got hollywood did the gauges. take a pick of that later.
JimmyG
Engine bay all started...Hope I don't overfill the tank! It will be oily canary yellow.
carr914
Nice, keep up the good work.

T.C
JimmyG
The rear light buckets are 9/10 and I also found some new hella lenses in Puerto Rico several years ago on Ebay
JimmyG
Got the windows in yesterday. Thanks to Mark for the tid bit on the windows.
I will try to add to it in a couple of weeks.
JimmyG
Thanks T.C.
I read a lot of your stuff here. I would love to see some of your work!
rick 918-S
Nice work Jimmy! Looks like you have a great helper too!
JimmyG
Thanks Rick. She really is. She and I went out on our first date in a 914 in 89 so even though she would not admit it,she loves them too.
Can't wait to see the raspberry car come along!
tod914
Super nice work! Can't wait to see it completed.
Ferg
Very Nice!
nsr-jamie
Thats cool !! Looks great!! Would love to see the rest of it and the project continued....good luck to you. Cheers beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Whoa ! The car is really being done right ! My favorite color.
6freak
Done right! ....nice work
Krieger
Very nice, but this post is misleading. The body/paint "appears to have only taken you 1 1/2 maybe 2 hours.
Root_Werks
drooley.gif

Wow!
effutuo101
Very nice!
JimmyG
Hey Andy..Does it take you longer than that? biggrin.gif
Krieger
I ....how do I put this....had a bad paint experience on my six last month, so I find your 1.5 hour job refreshing.
914four
Very nice work! The pictures posted nicely.

I got a sneak preview of this project a couple of weeks ago and this car is really nice. With all of the attention to detail being given, even to the smallest details, this will be one very nice original six.
JimmyG
I'll tell ya Andy..I had my fingers crossed and my toes curled. My guy turned out great. I hope that yours gets straightened out.A real pain to have to do it again!

Kelvin Come by any time to take a look.I still have a couple of weeks till I get to the month of progress that I was telling you about.Ya see ,I can do more than beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.