Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mounting some new seats.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I have two of these Corbeau Classic IIs:

IPB Image

I know folks have used these before. Any hints/tricks for mounting these on the stock rails?
john rogers
Can you post a pict of the bottom? I think that is what some of us in the San Diego area used and you have to offset the seat to the right some so the left side padding will not get destroyed by the e-brake lever. I think most used some steel tabs that were welded to the stock rails and used the seat mounting holes on the seat. They are way comfortable too and worth the effort.
DanT
or you can run a piece of 1" wide by about 1/4" across the seats mounting holes and then mount your rails to those that is the way these were mounted. biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
Hey! Those look familiar!
DanT
I may get another set for my latest build in a few months...depends on what I find along the way...the new Sparcos look pretty nice too
But these were very comfortable and fit pretty well.
Are you leaving in your back pad...they fit (kind of) biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
Yes, leaving in the back pad (at least for now). Those new Sparcos do look interesting.

I should have the carbs dialed in tomorrow night and then seats come next =) Looks like I need some flat bar stock.
Scott S
have you test fit them in the car while sitting in them? Using those seats will raise you up a good 2 inches. You will also lose 2-4" of leg room - even without the back pad. I spent a bunch of time getting them installed in my car - made the mistake of doing the passenger side first. Then found out I was not able to drive the car! Back they went. I was really bummed, as I thought they were a great price for a seat that looked similar to the GT.
KaptKaos
I will likely do the passenger side first to see how it works and do it knowing that I will need to modify the driver's side.

I'll keep you posted on progress in the coming days/weeks.
EdwardBlume
I mounted stock seat rails on my Kirkley race seat (the PO was a GIANT) so I could SEE over the windscreen.... my only advice is clean everything well, take care of any rust and grease the end product so you have a shot at some relative functionality...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.