Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would this be some thing of interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Want to run this past you guys & gals. Would there be any interest in doing a Chicagoland meet? I was thinking something along the lines of Barberdave's or Seanery's Fall Foliage Run. I could see about maybe hooking up with my SCCA club and running an AX with them. Would two days be to much? I was thinking like a Saturday show & shine parts swap and then Sunday run with the SCCA crew. I was thinking July some time?

Another option is here in Portage August 14th & 15th is the Steel Wheels Jamboree with a carnival. They usually do a car show but we could have our own. Also the SCCA runs a AX on both days at the Jamboree so maybe we could do something there?
BarberDave, when is your event? I don't want to mess up your event, I enjoy going.

Anyway, just thinking outloud. What do you think?

-Garold
seanery
that sounds fun to me! MDB2.gif
aircooledboy
Like I said on the other thread, my professional life makes firm comitments for personal outings pretty tough. (ask my family about our last real vacation, . . . in the year 2000). Hy eva, I would love to hook up with a big pile o' 914 types in Chicagoland. I guess what I am saying is: if I can be there (whatever "there" is), I would be there. The wifey is quite supportive, and tried to set up a trip on the sly to that recent Tweeks gig. Then, work comitments torpedo'd the whole deal. fighting19.gif The further in advance I know, the better the chances I could arrange it.
Chris H.
Sounds cool! We kicked this around a while ago it just never took off. I'd definitely be up for it.
GaroldShaffer
I have a SCCA meeting on Monday so I will run this past them. We are a small SCCA group so I know they would enjoy a group of us Porch guys.
I'm the lone token Porsche guy smilie_pokal.gif

Does anyone know when BarberDave's meet is?
August what???

- Garold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.