Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fender Flare Cutouts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomeric914
For those that have installed fender flares, what have you done with the sheet metal that was removed to install the flares? I don't plan on going back. 914's don't typically rust out in the wheel opening. Recycle?
underthetire
Use it for rust repair, that way the car has "original" sheetmetal biggrin.gif
KELTY360
I think Rav914 was looking for those pieces, or at least some of them.
VaccaRabite
Save them for patch panels. I have not done flares, but have had to cut out other stuff. The scrap, if in good shape, always gets saved.

Zach
Krieger
Put them in your attic. I don't think they make them any more.
MDG
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jun 15 2010, 10:40 AM) *

Save them for patch panels. I have not done flares, but have had to cut out other stuff. The scrap, if in good shape, always gets saved.

Zach

+1

you will have an immediate need when you patch the side marker holes. Then stow them somewhere - you never know.

One of mine yielded the side marker patches, the antenna patch and a repair on the lower rear of my left fender.
tomeric914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:35 AM) *

I think Rav914 was looking for those pieces, or at least some of them.

Yep, he got ahold of me. Glad someone could use at least one of them!

I hate to cut up well formed metal and would rather give to those in need.
maf914
I say save them in case you want to convert back to narrow body in the future! laugh.gif
scotty b

I am amassing a small fortune in these panels. The way I see it, once this " GT " fad wears off, I will be rolling in loot selling all these NLA stock sections back to you trend followers. rolleyes.gif
bandjoey
Christmas Tree Skirts santa_smiley.gif
carr914
I don't know, but I have a collection - Silver, Gold, Blue, Tangerine, Signal Orange & Black.

T.C.
Well I too save mine for years... just last Nov- I trashed them as I figure that there are so many people cutting up cars. I can always get a panel here and there... oh ya I need to clean my parts area as that's what caused this decision.
ConeDodger
Send them to Tulsa OK where they can be used as boomerangs to cut off the heads of parts stealin' varmints! mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.