Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rookie clutch question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotussevin
Hi all-

I hate posting a new thread on this (I'm certain that it's been brought up elsewhere in the Garage), but can you all advise on what a "wearing clutch" will feel like? Took our '73 2.0 to the shop for a fuel hose replacement and asked the mechanic to check / adjust the clutch cable. He just tightened some bolts, but left a note: "clutch wearing." I've got Pelican's parts list and walkthrough of the job, but am curious what signs to be on the lookout for to indicate that it's time. Excessive slipping? Grinding gears?

Many thanks!
-Spence
underthetire
When you can't adjust it anymore and it still slips. When it makes noise letting the clutch out. When it chatters letting the pedal out. When you need to re-seal the main seal on the motor and or transmission input shaft seal.
SLITS
Start it, put in 4th or 5th .... set the emergency brake ... raise RPMs to about 1500 and start letting the clutch out. If it kills the engine, you're good to go. If it doesn't, get out your wallet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.