Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts thief in Tulsa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
SOMEONE has been helping themselves to parts from several parts cars I have behind locked gates. I've noticed lots of items missing. SOMEONE has been crawling between the gates and stealing parts off my fucking cars. SOMEONE is a member of this board. SOMEONE knows who they are and so do I. I've seen you here before, and my neighbors have seen you. This is your only warning. I catch you in the act and SOMEONE will not like the outcome. Hint: I do not call police! ar15.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:05 PM) *

SOMEONE has bee helping themselves to parts from several parts cars I have behind locked gates. I've noticed lots of items missing. SOMEONE has been crawling between the gates and stealing parts off my fucking cars. SOMEONE is a member of this board. SOMEONE knows who they are and so do I. I've seen you here before, and my neighbors have seen you. This is your only warning. I catch you in the act and SOMEONE will not like the outcome. Hint: I do not call police! ar15.gif

WTF.gif w00t.gif
Dayyyuummm!!!!
SLITS
Hopefully you will receive an anonymous payment in the mail that you won't spend on ammunition.

I feel for you as it has happened to me. I won't go into details though.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 15 2010, 10:46 AM) *

I won't go into details though.

Tell us where you buried the body ... shades.gif
poorsche914
Several years ago some local kid got a 914 and he came out to look at some Mahle rims I had for sale. He didn't buy them but some months later I realized they were gone WTF.gif He was the ONLY 914 person I had talked to in years. Some people confused24.gif
EdwardBlume
popcorn[1].gif icon_bump.gif
charliew
It is a big mistake to post warnings about a theft. Now you have publicly involved yourself in something that might turn really bad and some lawyer will be the one profitting from your statement. Thiis thief may also be stealing from someone else that won't just talk about it.
race914
3 words:

Infrared Trail Cameras....

http://www.trailcampro.com/?gclid=CILVgezboqICFRP_iAodEHJ_xQ

It will give you a good chance to catch your parts thief...

Used one to finally figure out a racoon was wandering my yard at night and raiding the cat food.. Now I'm sorry I kept blaming the dog!

Pictures of thievery in the act is a good thing to help resolve your dilemma.

Let us know how things go. If you get or borrow a trail camera, post pics!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(race914 @ Jun 15 2010, 11:36 AM) *

3 words:

Used one to finally figure out a racoon was wandering my yard at night and raiding the cat food.. Now I'm sorry I kept blaming the dog!

agree.gif

Someone I know very well caught their cleaning company ripping them off using a motion activated camera in a bedroom appliance...

They say that true character is what you do when no one is looking....
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(race914 @ Jun 15 2010, 01:36 PM) *

3 words:

Already ordered one. biggrin.gif
underthetire

Someone I know very well caught their cleaning company ripping them off using a motion activated camera in a bedroom appliance...

They say that true character is what you do when no one is looking....
[/quote]

Probably lucky thats all it caught!
Eric_Shea
Slits tried that damn trail camera thing on me... I just stole the camera after it took my picture. w00t.gif
race914
I was going to add the best protection was buying my German Shepherd, but if you can get SWW914 in your backyard and not feed him, he will run off anyone overnight trying to climb the fence without a pizza.

Hi Steve : )
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(race914 @ Jun 15 2010, 02:08 PM) *

I was going to add the best protection was buying my German Shepherd, but if you can get SWW914 in your backyard and not feed him, he will run off anyone overnight trying to climb the fence without a pizza.

Hi Steve : )

Yeah, the mesa is a virtual wonderland for thugs, strawberries and christmas trees... be nice to Steve, take him to Jocko's.

Tom_T
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:05 AM) *

SOMEONE has been helping themselves to parts from several parts cars I have behind locked gates. I've noticed lots of items missing. SOMEONE has been crawling between the gates and stealing parts off my fucking cars. SOMEONE is a member of this board. SOMEONE knows who they are and so do I. I've seen you here before, and my neighbors have seen you. This is your only warning. I catch you in the act and SOMEONE will not like the outcome. Hint: I do not call police! ar15.gif

Now that's what I call good ole Indian Territory justice! biggrin.gif

PS - some other Teener in Tulsa was posting on here in the last few days looking for other Tulsa area Teeners - so you may want to look in the Garage forums & hook him up for yourr local 914 events, drives, etc.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 15 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Slits tried that damn trail camera thing on me... I just stole the camera after it took my picture. w00t.gif

av-943.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 15 2010, 02:19 PM) *

av-943.gif

I just remounted the camera higher so he could not retrieve it bye1.gif
scotty b
huh.gif
nick73-914
That's not cool at all.. Let me know if I can do anything to help man. I left you a voice mail today btw, give me a call tomorrow if you get a chance!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:05 AM) *

Sounds like its time someone assumed room temperature... Remember: When firing at silhouettes always aim high.
KELTY360
C'mon, get real. Deadly force for a few parts? You would just be causing yourself a lot more trouble than it's worth. And I guarantee the police will be involved then. Get evidence on film, the call the police. We already have too many quick triggers in this country. JMHO
Sleepin
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jun 15 2010, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 15 2010, 02:19 PM) *

av-943.gif

I just remounted the camera higher so he could not retrieve it bye1.gif

Just a little higher than 5' eh? aktion035.gif chair.gif
ripper911
I'm old school I guess, take an arm off at the elbow. parry.gif
That'll teach em! whip[1].gif
tat2dphreak
We already have too many quick triggers in this country.

really? when it comes to protecting one's home and family. I don't think we have enough...

agree for a few parts or some childish vandalism, deadly force is probably not warranted... but if the situation was such as it was at my house... you can't be sure they won't be coming in the house next... gotta protect yourself... when the event is already occurring, cops are always going to be too late...

KELTY360
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 16 2010, 10:05 AM) *

We already have too many quick triggers in this country.

really? when it comes to protecting one's home and family. I don't think we have enough...

agree for a few parts or some childish vandalism, deadly force is probably not warranted... but if the situation was such as it was at my house... you can't be sure they won't be coming in the house next... gotta protect yourself... when the event is already occurring, cops are always going to be too late...

I'm sure you're right. We don't have nearly enough gun violence in this country.
zymurgist
ILBT popcorn[1].gif
underthetire
Ever see what 1kilovolt or above does to a human body. Could be "just an accident".
Sleepin
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 16 2010, 11:36 AM) *

Ever see what .45ACP or above does to a human body?

Fixed it for you! ar15.gif biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
I'm not talking about gun violence... I'm talking about protecting your own home... gun VIOLENCE is what an intruder will do to you if you don't protect yourself.
Sleepin
agree.gif although now I am awaiting this thread to be closed unfortunately.
Elliot Cannon
A number of years ago in Orange County California, I was being considered for a jury for a trial that involved a man defending his property. Some kids stole a plastic pumpkin from his yard worth about $10.00. It's a good thing he had his 357 mag handy because he ran outside the blew the brains out of some 17 year old hooligan. It's a good thing he had that pistol to protect his property.

You've just stated on a public forum that you will take the law into your own hands and not bother with police. Good luck with that.
ripper911
We should take the law into our own hands.
Sure the police work for us, but ultimately it is our responsibility to defend our own property. I'm not saying shoot a kid for taking a pumpkin, but if there is someone on your property then you are the one that needs to resolve the situation with your own safety in mind, not the safety of the intruder. ar15.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 16 2010, 12:15 PM) *

A number of years ago in Orange County California, I was being considered for a jury for a trial that involved a man defending his property. Some kids stole a plastic pumpkin from his yard worth about $10.00. It's a good thing he had his 357 mag handy because he ran outside the blew the brains out of some 17 year old hooligan. It's a good thing he had that pistol to protect his property.

You've just stated on a public forum that you will take the law into your own hands and not bother with police. Good luck with that.

WTF.gif I'd say that would be excessive force... ouch
zymurgist
Taking the law into one's own hands does not absolve one from having to obey the law as written. In many states, force is not allowed to protect property, only to defend oneself or another person. My (admittedly non-attorney) advice would be to know the law in your own state before deciding that using a firearm to protect property would be a good idea.
TheCabinetmaker
For all of you that are worried about my criminal liabilities:

As an Oklahoma concealed carry instructor, Boy scouts of America fire arms instructor, and combat handgun instructor for law enforcement, be assured, I am schooled in self defense laws. I know the difference between self defense and murder. Also be assured that I am very proficient with a handgun. For those who would try to remove my right to possess and carry, fuck off! Let me tell you, there is nothing like the look on a thieves face when a gun is shoved in it. I've caught three thieves in my life at gun point. They are all still alive (cept that one guy who got stabbed in prison).

Btw, the point of this thread was not to discuss gun laws. It was to let this person know that I know who they are and they will be watched.
tat2dphreak
I'd say that would be excessive force... ouch

agree.gif

what I'm talking about, as if I didn't make it clear... is if I'm in my home and someone aims to take more than some relatively worthless possessions and I and my wife are there...

if I am there, and the intruder is there, yes, I'll dial 911... with 1 hand, and have a gun in the other... I don't want to shoot anyone... but I am not going to sit idly by and let them harm me or my wife, or dog , even without at least TRYING to do something... I might fail, or I might not get to my gun in time...
Sleepin
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 16 2010, 01:40 PM) *

or I might not get to my gun in time...

You have to keep them in more than one room.

People say I am crazy for having one in the garage while I am working in there. Oh well. They will have their opinions, and I will have mine. I was an MP for three years...lived in the "not so nice neighborhoods" of Long Beach and Norwalk, Ca. for a lot of my life. I have seen some crazy stuff go on...even while on military bases (Norfolk anyone?). flag.gif If the law says I can have a firearm to protect my family, my property or myself, I will (and yes I have my CCP).

Not exactly what this thread is about...but I feel like talking about it today....hijacked.gif
rickthejetman
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 16 2010, 12:51 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jun 16 2010, 01:40 PM) *

or I might not get to my gun in time...

You have to keep them in more than one room.

People say I am crazy for having one in the garage while I am working in there. Oh well. They will have their opinions, and I will have mine. I was an MP for three years...lived in the "not so nice neighborhoods" of Long Beach and Norwalk, Ca. for a lot of my life. I have seen some crazy stuff go on...even while on military bases (Norfolk anyone?). flag.gif If the law says I can have a firearm to protect my family, my property or myself, I will (and yes I have my CCP).

Not exactly what this thread is about...but I feel like talking about it today....hijacked.gif

let the liberal tree hugging hippies cry about the home invasion after their family is beaten and killed (it happened in my town). me.. im protected. when the citizens are not allowed to bare arms the thugs, thieves and the goverment has nothing to fear.
I dont know about you guys but i work VERY hard for the few things i own and i don't want some douchebag lowlife to take them from me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.