Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tune up mechanics in Orange County, CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
I have 2 candidates

1. Der Buggy in Garden Grove - He can't consider touching DJet
2. Bill Brewster Automotive in San Clemente - No answer on phone call
Both in OC, miles apart and miles from me.

Anyone know any other mechanics that really know 914's??

I am in Anaheim Hills, near Yorba Linda. The car is running, but I have no one to pick me up when I drop it off. I may be hitching or cabbing it home.

I need the valves lashed, timing adjusted, and possibly the new temp bellows wire installed.

Points, plugs and condenser are all installed yesterday new. If they knew how to peak the DJet that would be a plus.

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl
jim_hoyland
Me and about 6 other 914s have had PCH Garage in Sunset Beach, CA service our 914s. The owner has kept up to date with 914s and has a good track record. He's seviced mine for the past 15 years.

PCH Garage owner is Hector
16747 Pacific Coast Highway - near Warner and PCH at North End of Huntington Beach and 1/2 way between Huntington and Seal Beach
(562) 592-5511

Give him a call....and he can do D-Jet
JamesM
When i first got my 914 and was still living out there I always went to Europro in Costa Mesa. They did mostly old VW stuff but they knew the type 4 and d-jet well. Very detail oriented. That was 10 years ago though, not sure what it is like today but i am pretty sure it is still the same owner running the place.
Jake Raby
Dave Greiner at Proformance in Orange.

Good honest guy that worked for FAT performance for a long time and knows the TIV well.
detoxcowboy
Steve's Independent (bunch of 914's always there they know 914's) I have never had my car in their shop but have gotten advice and emergency hardware from them, I really like Mike below and even though there is always a 914 at the shop, sometimes for sale, call it intution or dirty shop I do not take my car there but alot of people recomend these guys.. $120/hr.... Orange Ca.
http://repairpal.com/steves-independent-porsche-repair

Mike's Foreighn (porsche,914,vw) This is who I use, Mike' is trusted and fair owner/mechanic does good work has a large and very clean and busy shop and stands by his work and does not try to sell you, had a very nice restored 914 they did all the work on when I showed up the first time.. $90/hr anaheim ca.

also have scored some sweet new old stock from him, mps, injectors stuff like that..

http://www.mikesforeigncar.com/
avidfanjpl
Thanks, everyone!

Going to try Steve's and see how it goes.

He is close, and they are going to do some basic stuff.

Talked to their mechanic and he knows what to do.

John
Socalandy
Craig at Image Imports in Santa Ana off the 55 and dyer Rd. 714-557-8300

did my engine and trans. and known him for years. you wont be disapointed driving.gif
wallys914
Dave at proformance does great work had 4 vw engines done by him, and he worked on my 1.7!

Good guy!
avidfanjpl
Any chance we can do a region by region listing somewhere on the site. Detailing out what was done, duration, approx cost?

Must be a grand thing to document!

Any Ideas on how? Where?

I am on a 3rd beer..........................urrrrthhh beer.gif

jpl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.