Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: avatars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
i was thinking about adding one of the preloaded avatars to my name. as i was scrolling through my choices, i noticed there sure were alot of superheros to choose from. does someone have a fetish? and what's with the alladdin characters? just wondering......... drunk.gif
And what exactly is an AVATAR? huh.gif the dictionary says :
Main Entry: av·a·tar
Pronunciation: 'a-v&-"tär
Function: noun
Etymology: Sanskrit avatAra descent, from avatarati he descends, from ava- away + tarati he crosses over -- more at UKASE, THROUGH
1 : the incarnation of a Hindu deity (as Vishnu)
2 a : an incarnation in human form b : an embodiment (as of a concept or philosophy) often in a person

Who's Hindi? Is there more to this site than just 914's?
lapuwali
You need a better dictionary. Avatar, as used here, is the representation of the self in another form, a virtual being.
TROJANMAN
so the guys posting pictures of big breasted women are really women on the inside? laugh.gif
DuckRyder
QUOTE(glstrojan @ Apr 6 2004, 06:36 PM)
so the guys posting pictures of big breasted women are really women on the inside? laugh.gif

You are what you eat you know................ wink.gif
Jeroen
The stoopid superhero / aladin / what ever avatars that you can choose from come standard with the software for this BBS

cheers,

Jeroen
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Apr 6 2004, 02:34 PM)
You need a better dictionary. Avatar, as used here, is the representation of the self in another form, a virtual being.

jeroen, according to this definition, what are you trying to tell us? lol3.gif
Jeroen
IF you use the standard avatars, you either:

- Are just clueless about creating and uploading your personal picture that will let us know "sumptin" about your personality (no biggie, we can't all be computer wizzes). In this case, don't hesitate to ask your friendly admins for help biggrin.gif

- You just have no imagination at all blink.gif

- You are indeed a super hero biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
TROJANMAN
i was just tryin to be funny, plus i really didn't know what an avatar was. wink.gif
but i really do enjoy your avatar (maybe too much)
Malmz
I think Jeroen is representing that he would like to be the shirt in his avatar!

sm
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 6 2004, 03:05 PM)
IF you use the standard avatars, you either:

- Are just clueless about creating and uploading your personal picture that will let us know "sumptin" about your personality (no biggie, we can't all be computer wizzes). In this case, don't hesitate to ask your friendly admins for help biggrin.gif

- You just have no imagination at all blink.gif

- You are indeed a super hero biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah....I'm really a lesbian in a man's body....
anthony
The more modern definition of avatar would be the character one chooses to represent themselves in one of those online role playing games. Here, it's obviously just a way to joke around.
Mr.C
[QUOTE]You are what you eat you know................
Ever eaten frog legs?
MattR
Arthur, from the Tick, is really fricken funny. I really wish Fox didnt cancel that show. He is the anti-superhero.
DuckRyder
QUOTE(Cabasa @ Apr 7 2004, 02:18 AM)

Ever eaten frog legs?

NOPE!
dflesburg
Doesnt like frog legs, tastes like squirrel.
Bruce Allert
Ummmmm... I wanna be da boy & know what I know now beer.gif

..........b
TROJANMAN
the boy, the orange shirt, the beer bottle, or anyone sitting in front of her. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.