Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking bumper off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Well taking the bumper off is not that hard at all, 4 bolts and with someone holding the bumper it was quite manageable, getting the original fog lights off was a bit scary as I didn't want to break a bolt or bend some sheetmetal! Liquid wrench and a little persuasion and the bolts came free and I didn't break anything, installed the new Pilot Lights using the existing wires, tested them before putting the bumper back on and ta dah; all was as it should be. The Pilot Lights are much brighter, as those who already have them know, I need to wait til it gets dark and then try to aim them, one thing I noticed is they sit farther back than I would like, and if I remember someone posted a tip on how to get around that, if someone could point me in the right direction re. that it would be appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
underthetire
Here is the bracket you needed to make
http://members.rennlist.com/demick/lights.html

Or buy them from camp.
Realcasual
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 15 2010, 12:13 PM) *

Here is the bracket you needed to make
http://members.rennlist.com/demick/lights.html

Or buy them from camp.

blink.gif I've got a 74 914 I'm taking apart to rebuild. I've gotten most things off and figured out but for the fog lights on the front of the car. I've got one opened up and loosened up but can not find a way of getting it off the front of the car. I can rotate it and it loosens up. However, I can't for the life of me find the other end of the bolt it's most likely a nut on the other end. I can't accesses the other end from the front trunk, the headlights, under the car, or from the inside of the front fenders. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to access this nut. Thanks...!
underthetire
welcome.png

I assume your talking about the swivel bracket on the light? I just removed the whole assembly as one. The nuts are welded in to the front panel of the car. The ones that go through the foglight to the bracket have a welded nut as well, so only one side spins.
PRS914-6
Since the aftermarket lights are smaller than the original fogs, it is more important to center them perfectly so you don't have a a large gap anywhere.

I used the brackets that came with the lights but added a piece of round aluminum, drilled and tapped the ends and cut a flat spot so that it would have a base and installed a 8mm stud.

Next I took a piece of angle and slotted it on both sides

The lights can be moved up and down, front to back, rotated on it's axis for aiming and moved right to left by just rotating the angle iron. In other words, it's completely and easily adjustable everywhere.

Pics for you....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
xperu
Because I already had the Pilot lights, I bought only the brackets made to fit the 914 for Camp914.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.