Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 14 inch Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgphoto
Hello,
I am trying to find tires that will fit under stock 914 fenders on a set of 5 lug 5.5 x 14 inch Fuchs wheels that are VR in performance?
Thanks in advance,
Mike
underthetire
You plan on going 130+MPH for sustained times? And the VR is no longer in use,

L 75 mph 120 km/h Off-Road & Light Truck Tires
M 81 mph 130 km/h
N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires
P 93 mph 150 km/h
Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires
R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires
S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans
U 124 mph 200 km/h
H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes
V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars
jim_hoyland
Try searching for your size at: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/

They offer a nice selection of speed rtings and pricing smile.gif
mepstein
I couldn't find what I wanted at tirerack.com but was able to get the size i wanted at tiredepot.com - good prices too,
mgphoto
Thanks for the replies but I am looking for specific sizes and manufacturers, the 14 inch Fuchs have an offset of 41 mm I believe, I would like to hear from someone who has experience with this setup.
Mike

Michael N
I ran 205/60/14 Yokohama AVS ES100 on my car for a while. The tires were OK but not tall enough and the revs were higher due to the height of the tire. I would not go this route again both for the speedometer being off too much and the tires not as grippy as I would have liked them. The car was slightly peppier out from a stop due to height of the tire again. Not bad for autocross but not for regular driving as everything gets hotter when freeway cruising.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have since went to 16" Fuchs with 205/55/16 Toyo Proxes R1R and love them. My speedometer is accurate as well.

Click to view attachment
mgphoto
Thanks for the info Michael, I thought I read some where that the 16x6's fit on a 914.

I understand that performance tire selection for the 16's is far better than with the 14's.
At this point I am trying to work with what I have.
Thanks,
Mike

ps:You have a really sweet ride!
mgphoto
Anybody else using 14 in Fuchs on a 914?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.