Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Dash Crack repair thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
Was just scanning the club site and this cool thread was on there. I may end up using this technique to repair mine.. DASH REPAIR ;D
narino
I saw that as well last week. I'll definitely be trying it. Though I've never used a vinyl patch kit. That last part has me worried.
buhs914
QUOTE(narino @ Jun 15 2010, 03:49 PM) *

I saw that as well last week. I'll definitely be trying it. Though I've never used a vinyl patch kit. That last part has me worried.

Yeah I haven't either but steps the last guy put make it seem real simple.. It looks fairly easy and probably a little cheaper than buying a good used one! It may not end up with a stock texture but hell it's better than a cracked dash!
Frost
That looks pretty good, cant even tell the difference afterwards.
charliew
The vinyl repair kits I've used consisted of some glue like colored sticks and a little round metal foot with some paper pads with different textures on them. You heat the patch and put the textured sheet over the patch and press the round foot to emboss the soft plastic repair area. It takes some practice to get decent results and still really needs to be repainted to look decent. I don't know if you can get perfect results though. I think I remember the edges trying to raise as the patch was heated to get it to fuse together.

I might try the bumper repair stuff next time or some sort of flexible urethane.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.