Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: identifying a bosch distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914chic
Hey guys , I need your help again....

I recently had to scrap the ol dizzy that was in the 74 1.8l, I need to know if this distributor will work.

I know its a bosch and the numbers on the side are

jfur 4
0 231 115 061

thanks fellas in advance

I can get a picture if need be
JoeSharp
Hey whats up, long time no hear. I don't know the 061. How does it advance, mech or vacume? You have carbs on your car right? Put it in and see how well it works. If you need it I have an 009 that you can have. It will work but lacks timing for bottom end on the engine. PM me if I can help.
914chic
Hey how is it going Joe, yeah it has weber 44's on it now and the dizzy broke the lower gear ( not the piece in the crankcase,but you get what im sayin) and supposedly it was out of a 2.0, I think I will just put it in and see what happens...ohh and it only has 1 port on the vaccum thing???
jt914-6
My Bosch Ignition parts catalog says the number 0 231 115 061 is from a '68/69 912...Hope this helps.....
JoeSharp
That dist should work good on your motor sence it is from a carbed motor. If you need anything I am close by. Oh yeah, I retired so I'm here all the time.
914chic
Thanks jt914 for that and yeah Joe I am gonna put it in this week some time, and fire her up so Ill keep in touch.Thanks again.

BTW when is the next meet you guys do around here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.