Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB new bushings for 22 mm Weltmeister sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Bones
FOUND - See July 9 post. -Bones

My through-the-body Weltmaister 22 mm front kit has worn bushings, and I have been contacting several retailers of the kit looking for the bushings that go on the bar itself. None of them has the part. Anyone know who does?

Thanks,
Jim

'73 914/4 2.0
'67 912 coupe
Krieger
I would think Automotion/Performance Products would have them. automotion.com
Bones
Yes, I would have thought that, too. They tell me no. as does AA and Pelican. I tried some other sites listed as sellers on the Weltmeister website and got either "NO" or no reply to voicemail or email.

Jim
Type 4 Unleashed
Call Weltmeister and ask them where you can buy them.
grambo
Wow, I am amazed that the Weltmeister bushings aren't available. This is a timely thread for me, as I have been considering what sway bars to purchase.
I wonder if either of these 944 bushings would fit with some light exacto work? They are for 21.5mm bars.

477-411-053N
951-343-794-07
Krieger
Maybe you'll have to find something close and have a machinist do the rest.
Type 4 Unleashed
What part of call Weltmeister doesn't everyone undertstand ?

Their seems to be 22mm bushings, and it seems Automotion carries them

This in on every Weltmeister Page
( If you have a question about the application of this product please call 1.888.787.3626 or click on the Help tab )

http://weltmeister.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=377

http://www.automotion.com/product.asp?pf%5...;dept%5Fid=5027

And if I had to call Weltmeister, I would be asking why can't I get Weltmeister Busings thru one of their dealers such as:

USA
Performance Products
5200 S. Washington Ave.
Titusville, FL 32780
Phone: (800) 423-3173 or (818) 787-7500
Fax: (818) 787-2396
Online: http://www.automotion.com
http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com

rolleyes.gif

Bones
That bushing is for a "Factory Anti-Sway Bar". I have the W. kit. I have tried emailing and leaving a phone message at Weltmeister over a week ago, and gotten nothing back from them. The phone number you gave (thank you) is different from the one on the website I found, so I will try that one, once they open for the day.

Performance Products/Automotion told me "Maybe you could get a machinist to make you some."

Jim
Krieger
This totally sucks. Weltmeister sold a ton of these for years.
Bones
There is hope!! Today, I made the third call to Performance Products in two weeks, or so. I reached someone named Brian, who said they did not have a listing for it, but he took my phone number and passed the request on to a "tech person" to find the Weltmeister part number so they can order me the parts. I haven't heard back yet, but it sounded as if they will follow through. When I get the info, I'll add it here, and when the parts come in, I'll let you know how they fit.

Thanks to all for suggestions. We have a great club here!

Jim (Bones)

'73 914/2.0
'67 912 coupe
Bones
They exist and they fit! Part numbers are as follow:
Bar to cup (22 mm) PZC-SB-1100D (2 req'd) $5.99 ea
Drop link rubber P913960 (4 req'd) 3.99 ea
Drop link metal sleeve PZC-SB-5000J (2 req'd) 4.99 ea

Performance Products/Automotion/Eckler's has them, but maybe not all employees know about them, since they are not in the catalogue or on line, and the first two people I spoke with didn't. The person who helped me was Brian. <brian.stanley@ecklers.net>

Jim
Alljackedup408
QUOTE(Bones @ Jul 9 2010, 12:07 PM) *

They exist and they fit! Part numbers are as follow:
Bar to cup (22 mm) PZC-SB-1100D (2 req'd) $5.99 ea
Drop link rubber P913960 (4 req'd) 3.99 ea
Drop link metal sleeve PZC-SB-5000J (2 req'd) 4.99 ea

Performance Products/Automotion/Eckler's has them, but maybe not all employees know about them, since they are not in the catalogue or on line, and the first two people I spoke with didn't. The person who helped me was Brian. <brian.stanley@ecklers.net>

Jim

Glad to hear they worked jim!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.