Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: post preview doesn't display correctly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
Admins,

This is a minor issue but I noticed that when I preview a post before adding it and I have quoted text in the post the preview doesn't represent the HTML correctly. It includes my message in the quote. When I go to actually post it everything is fine its really just the preview.

Its really not that big a deal I just wanted you to know,
McMark
Can you post a screen shot? It works fine for me, but maybe I'm not understanding.
SirAndy
QUOTE(obscurity @ Jun 16 2010, 06:27 AM) *

Admins,

This is a minor issue but I noticed that when I preview a post before adding it and I have quoted text in the post the preview doesn't represent the HTML correctly. It includes my message in the quote. When I go to actually post it everything is fine its really just the preview.

Werks fer me ... confused24.gif

obscurity
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 16 2010, 01:15 PM) *

QUOTE(obscurity @ Jun 16 2010, 06:27 AM) *

Admins,

Werks fer me ... confused24.gif

This is what I get.

Click to view attachment

Though in the process of generating the above image I noticed some posts display correctly while others don't. This leads me to believe the problem is user error but I can't figure out what my error is
SirAndy
QUOTE(obscurity @ Jun 16 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Though in the process of generating the above image I noticed some posts display correctly while others don't. This leads me to believe the problem is user error but I can't figure out what my error is

Aha!

You are quoting "Scotty B" ...

I don't know what browser he is using but whenever he quotes someone, the html for the quote turns into jibberish.
I usually fix his posts whenever i see one.

You were trying to quote a post that's already malformed, that's your problem ...
shades.gif Andy
black73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 16 2010, 12:46 PM) *

.....You were trying to quote a post that's already malformed, that's your problem ...
shades.gif Andy

chairfall.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.