Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a good high flow exhaust system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brandomc
I just finished having a 2056 built that has alot of head work done to it and a HP cam. Im trying to find a good header system for my car, but the few i have seen are reallllllly expensive. 2000 for a set of headders is out of the question for me. Im trying to figure out what options i have to get a nice high flow system on my car for 800 or less. Maybe that isnt possible, but i dont know. Ive been having a hard time finding these systems. Please help!!!
JamesM

I have the eurorace headers on mine. You loose heat though and might have to fab up a bracket to re route your clutch cable. They do have stub pipes though which is really nice. Price has gone up a bit since i bought them but still under 800. after jet-hot coating though you are looking at 1k.

http://www.paragon-products.com/category_s/166.htm

QUOTE(brandomc @ Jun 16 2010, 12:02 PM) *

I just finished having a 2056 built that has alot of head work done to it and a HP cam. Im trying to find a good header system for my car, but the few i have seen are reallllllly expensive. 2000 for a set of headders is out of the question for me. Im trying to figure out what options i have to get a nice high flow system on my car for 800 or less. Maybe that isnt possible, but i dont know. Ive been having a hard time finding these systems. Please help!!!

underthetire
QUOTE(brandomc @ Jun 16 2010, 01:02 PM) *

Buy Robw's headers. near perfect condition. Think he wanted 500 for the whole setup.
Joe Ricard
Tangerine is pretty much the best. Have a system for the last 5 years and it was wonderfull and made great power from a hopped p 2.0L all the way to my 2316-210 engine.
Euro Race is pretty good and this is what I am putting on the car I just sold.

SSI is just a tic better than stock but you have heat.

Really you get what you pay for once again.
brandomc
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 16 2010, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(brandomc @ Jun 16 2010, 01:02 PM) *

Buy Robw's headers. near perfect condition. Think he wanted 500 for the whole setup.

I talked to Rob and we are trying to work something out. He is 400 or so miles away though. I am trying to figure out if there is a better route to go, but his system does sound really appealing. He cant get the system to me for a month or so, so i would like to see if there is anything else available in my price range. Ill probably just wait for him though.
DanT
try to wait it out and get Rob's....nice set up with jet hot coating already on...

I had a set of Eurorace headers just like that on my 2056 and they worked very well.
I had a different coating on mine that was black instead of the silver...
rwilner
QUOTE(brandomc @ Jun 16 2010, 04:02 PM) *

As others have mentioned, talk to racer chris. He has a mandrel and bends his stuff the right way. I'm not sure if heat matters to you, but last time i was at his shop (a few months back), he was making some high flow exhaust systems using donor SSI's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.