Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 Front Pulley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
Those that have a 3.6 know the dilemma of using the stock front pulley....It's too big to fit. It's a stacked pulley with 3 grooves. The alternative for most people is to use the Patrick pulley that is a single groove but smaller diameter. Smaller is not desirable for a street machine in stop and go traffic and 993's are hard on valve guides so I try to avoid heat.

I discovered a 993 RS Pulley that should work for us. Stock diameter that yields stock fan speed. Pricey at about $275.00 but only slightly more than Patricks and it's steel not aluminum.

Andy and I were talking about this and I thought others might benefit as well...

I have not installed it yet and probably won't until winter but will report the results.

Part # 99310205040

Click to view attachment
siverson
Too big? I don't actually remember what I used... Is this the stock pulley?

IPB Image
PRS914-6
The stock pulley is a stamped sheetmetal unit, rather cheezy with multiple pulleys. I don't know what you have but it looks larger in diameter than the Patrick pulley.
PRS914-6
More pictures

Here is the Patrick pulley installed
Click to view attachment

Here is the stock setup. Note the 3 belts (fan, alternator, AC)
Note the angle on the belts compared to the picture above. The stock pulley is significantly larger
Click to view attachment

RS installed on an engine
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jun 16 2010, 09:49 PM) *

Those that have a 3.6 know the dilemma of using the stock front pulley....It's too big to fit. It's a stacked pulley with 3 grooves. The alternative for most people is to use the Patrick pulley that is a single groove but smaller diameter. Smaller is not desirable for a street machine in stop and go traffic and 993's are hard on valve guides so I try to avoid heat.

I discovered a 993 RS Pulley that should work for us. Stock diameter that yields stock fan speed. Pricey at about $275.00 but only slightly more than Patricks and it's steel not aluminum.

Andy and I were talking about this and I thought others might benefit as well...

I have not installed it yet and probably won't until winter but will report the results.

Part # 99310205040

Added it to my todo list ...

beerchug.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.