Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Busted ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Archie
Hello group,

Well I finally got around to replacing the piston rings that I bought for my 1.7L a hundred years ago; only problem, I busted a top ring (obviously the last one to go in!). So, it's a dumb*ss question I know, but does anyone have a spare they can sell me? I'd hate to re-use the old one. headbang.gif
Thanks.
VaccaRabite
You want your rings to be matched.
if you still have the packaging, call around to see if you can get a single from the various vendors. Don't reuse the old ring.

Using a mismatched ring could cause issues. Try and find a ring from the same producer to replace your broken one.

Zach
ME733
QUOTE(Archie @ Jun 17 2010, 03:49 AM) *

Hello group,

Well I finally got around to replacing the piston rings that I bought for my 1.7L a hundred years ago; only problem, I busted a top ring (obviously the last one to go in!). So, it's a dumb*ss question I know, but does anyone have a spare they can sell me? I'd hate to re-use the old one. headbang.gif
Thanks.

..................If you do not find an exact match for the existing top ring(s).. you should purchase -4- FOUR new top rings to ensure compability and proper, equal, functionality......You can purchase individual rings at---TOTAL SEAL..you will have many choises, just remember that the cylinder walls must be finished to accomodiate certain types of piston ring designs...use a standard open end cast iron ring. which will be a safe bet for your existing cylinder wall finish.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am sure that we can match it with a new one if you send us a sample of the new one you need.

QUOTE(Archie @ Jun 17 2010, 12:49 AM) *

Hello group,

Thanks.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.