Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini Wheel Finishes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I've got these Custom Pedrinis and not sure if I want to stay with the Black centers.

Click to view attachment

I have seen them in Full Polish. Anybody else have something Cool?

Click to view attachment
DanT
with the deep dish on those wheels, full polish would look killer biggrin.gif
'73-914kid
I don't have any pictures, But I've seen a bug with black centered Pedrinis with the raised edges polished. I liked the contrast personally..
VaccaRabite
Yeah, I like the raised edges too. Its classic.

Zach
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 17 2010, 09:34 AM) *

I've got these Custom Pedrinis and not sure if I want to stay with the Black centers.

I have seen them in Full Polish. Anybody else have something Cool?

Hey T.C., is that the set that was on the Stone Gray Metallic car (that got totaled)?

If so or if not, the only time I've seen widened Pedrinis was on a REALLY clean gray 914 and the wheels had color matched Stone Gray centers — it was stunning.

Just another idea... a stop between silver and black.

pete
markb
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 17 2010, 09:41 AM) *

with the deep dish on those wheels, full polish would look killer biggrin.gif

agree.gif
rick 918-S
I'm not sure if it would make any difference what you do to those wheels. They are dead sexy! drooley.gif It was all I could do to keep myself from buying them. blink.gif
7TPorsh
What color car they going on?? Dark car/ Black centers; sinister
buhs914
I absolutely LOVE the look of this finish:
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jun 17 2010, 09:42 AM) *

I don't have any pictures, But I've seen a bug with black centered Pedrinis with the raised edges polished. I liked the contrast personally..

agree.gif
Yeah - yeah & Buhs got it on Pedrini! drooley.gif

... TC - assuming that you're not looking for the OE silver painted finish, that black or a metallic dark grey center/background with the outer rim & ribs polished would look killer! I've also seen the car color as the background center color & polished.

In either case, either the plain polished or polisched with the Porsche Crest center caps is the way to go for maximum eye-POP!!!! w00t.gif

Here's one of those current repro Mahle 4 Lug Alloys to give you an idea of what the Pedrinis would look like done up like this, except on yours I'd do the whole inner rim & deep dish in polished as well, with only the center in black with the raised fin-tops polished too.

Click to view attachment

shades.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Jun 17 2010, 06:40 PM) *

I absolutely LOVE the look of this finish:
Click to view attachment

That's the winner in my book.
Might do that to my Mahles when the time comes to refinish.
r_towle
Did you ever find out who made those wheels?
I would like to contact that shop.

Rich
montoya 73 2.0
I like the Pedrini's with the polished fins also!!! I'm going to do my Mahles like this:

Click to view attachment

Not my picture, I borrowed from a post about 4 years ago.
markb
I did my Mahles body color with a polished outer lip. I love how they came out, and have put off doing a 5 lug conversion indefinitely because I like them so well. smile.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 17 2010, 10:57 PM) *

I did my Mahles body color with a polished outer lip. I love how they came out, and have put off doing a 5 lug conversion indefinitely because I like them so well. smile.gif

I like the idea, but that might be a bit much on my Ravenna! biggrin.gif
KELTY360
Here's my Mahles. Used a charcoal blue accent color to my Marathon Blue '74. Didn't want the polished look, so I went with a satin clear on the lips and ribs. I'm very pleased with the way they came out.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

buhs914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 17 2010, 11:19 PM) *

Here's my Mahles. Used a charcoal blue accent color to my Marathon Blue '74. Didn't want the polished look, so I went with a satin clear on the lips and ribs. I'm very pleased with the way they came out.

WOW those are AMAZING! I like that way better than the polished! Hmm I think i'm getting more ideas for my future teener. idea.gif
koozy
I did this just to see if I liked it. Turns out, I did.

IPB Image
sean_v8_914
wide pedrinnis look best finished off in Hoosier black or goodyear slick black
carr914
Sean, are your wheels all the same width? I ask because your rear outer rims look like your fronts and my 8's. I would bet they were all made by the same person.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.