Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: kind of makes you wonder....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
look at the 3rd pic for this car on ebay....

car 1

and now look at the first picture for this car....

car 2

them's the same pic ain't it? hmmmmmmm idea.gif

maybe ebay is having trouble getting their pics straight.....?

disclaimer: if these ads are from anyone here, no offense intended.
Curvie Roadlover
Yup, unless the seller of the first car did a repaint and changed the wheels from steel wheels to empi's for the third pic wacko.gif
415PB
Yep, same pic. The first set of pics appeared to be older, scanned pics. I bet the owner probably copied the other pic from the other ad and used it for his auction.
SpecialK
definitely something a little fishy about that idea.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Tags say tx, and cali. somebody f%#d up!!!!!
Curvie Roadlover
Busted
spank.gif
736conver
The seller stole that picture. You can tell when you click on the third picture. It is smaller and the camera icon appears in two spots. He/she did a right click, saved the picture and then inserted it into their own auction. Why someone would misrepresent their car like this is very odd. Especially since there are two different styles of rims. I went through this with another ebay. They were stealing my entire auction. Title,description and pictures.
tat2dphreak
not only that, the third pic in the first auction does have Ca plates, the other 2 have TX plates... weird

bs.gif
Dave_Darling
Looks like the offending pic was removed...

--DD
RoadGlue
No Dave, the offending pic is right there to the left of your post silly! Hi Dave!

From today's newspaper here in Sonoma County:

"A 23-year-old Sonoma man was arrested for allegedly stealing $99,000 from people around the country in an eBay scam that appears to be one of Sonoma County's largest Internet auction crimes, authorities said Monday."

"The alleged scam began in November and involved three people bidding for a 1972 Oldsmobile convertible and 1966 Chevrolet Nova that Hill had listed for sale on eBay, investigators said.

Before the close of the auctions, Hill allegedly sent e-mails to the potential buyers asking if they were still interested in buying a car. Hill and the buyers agreed on prices and completed the transactions independent of eBay, Spallino said."

Full Story Here

Be careful out there!

Best,

Randy Wentzel
RoadGlue.com
boxstr
The seller emailed me and said that he did use the pic from the other car ad so that he could show the front of it at that angle. Smart move.
CCLINEBAYDUMB
Curvie Roadlover
His reply to my e-mail:
"I plagarized a picture for the third one, to give an example of that view since I only had the two views of my car."

rolleyes.gif
I suppose thinking no one would notice goes hand in hand in thinking that a $3150 "buy it now" price for a car with " Passenger door does not open from outside, so that needs to be looked at." is about right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.