Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did I do now?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
sawzall-smiley.gif headbang.gif My dashlights went out a couple of days ago, when my friends kid was playing in the car. All the fuses are good. What possibly, should I look for?

What in this world, operates the trunk light?

Is it on, when the parking lights go on? confused24.gif

These cars are fun aren't they???
underthetire
Did you try turning the dimmer knob for the panel lights? Trunk light don't know. Mine is not hooked up.
SirAndy
agree.gif

Try the dimmer for the dash-lights first.

The trunk light is always on with your head & parking lights. There is no separate switch for it.
shades.gif Andy
Drums66
QUOTE(Teknon @ Jun 17 2010, 02:54 PM) *

sawzall-smiley.gif headbang.gif My dashlights went out a couple of days ago, when my friends kid was playing in the car. All the fuses are good. What possibly, should I look for?

What in this world, operates the trunk light?

The parking lights! idea.gif

Is it on, when the parking lights go on? confused24.gif

Yes! idea.gif

These cars are fun aren't they???

Very much so!.......never let little dr.evil's play in a 914! stirthepot.gif
Teknon
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 17 2010, 04:00 PM) *

Did you try turning the dimmer knob for the panel lights? Trunk light don't know. Mine is not hooked up.

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 17 2010, 04:12 PM) *

agree.gif

The trunk light is always on with your head & parking lights. There is no separate switch for it.
shades.gif Andy

I had to check again but they do not light up wherever the dimmer is moved. So then the trunk light doesn't lite either. May be they are on the same circuit. But where is the fuse. The ones under the dash seem to be fine.
underthetire
QUOTE(Teknon @ Jun 17 2010, 06:38 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 17 2010, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 17 2010, 04:12 PM) *

agree.gif

shades.gif Andy

I had to check again but they do not light up wherever the dimmer is moved. So then the trunk light doesn't lite either. May be they are on the same circuit. But where is the fuse. The ones under the dash seem to be fine.

I do know at least the ground for the trunk light runs the license plate light. Check that to.
jsayre914
take out each fuse and put it back confused24.gif

works sometimes smile.gif
buhs914
Yeah I had my tach lights and rear trunk light out for months until recently when i decided to figure out what was wrong. I really didn't do anything except roll the fuses.. I also changed the casing for the tach and now the lights work great but idk what was wrong.. The lights would work if the I turned the marker lights on without the key in but as soon as I turned it they would go off.. They also worked if I grounded them to the side of the gauge.. So maybe you have a bad ground?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 17 2010, 08:13 PM) *

take out each fuse and put it back confused24.gif

agree.gif

Turn each fuse in the holder, make sure they're OK. That sometimes helps ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
Drums66
But.......if you have not done it in a long long time or it has
never to your knowlege been done .......clean the fuse box!!

idea.gif bye1.gif flag.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.