Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a 914 for around $1500 ready to buy now cash..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
claude
I'm in roanoke va cant find any when i'm ready. I know i wont get much for the money but i got to try. Will drive to haul or pick up. Hope you guys can help. driving.gif i'm claude 540-397-4021 or email me at sematco@hotmail.com
Tom_T
Well, sign up here - it's free - then we can all say welcome.png

Then get yourself signed up for email notices at "cars & rollers" in the classifieds here, do the same at 914club.com , clubNARP.com & Pelican Parts classifieds, also sign-up under the Porsches under classifieds at TheSamba.com (or scan it every so often) & get online to Lycos for a email notice of anything 914 in the markets you're willing & able to drive to see/get a 914. eBay is out there, but I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't see, drive & have fully checked out on there.

For a grand, you're mostly going to find rollers & projects, not really much in the way of a safe & reliable driver, and it will probably be loaded with rust problems. Have a local Teener in your Roanoke VA area help you check out any cars, as there are some on here. Scottyb (screen name here) is near you too & knows a lot, does bodywork etc. for many of the 914s on here (you can search in members then PM him).

Good Luck!
jonferns
He's already signed up, thats how he has a username bye1.gif

Good luck with your search!
carr914
Claude, you better be good with a Wrench & a Welder welder.gif , because you are really in the project/parts car price range.

I have had a Lot of these cars ( a bunch of projects) and I will tell you from experience to buy the best car that you can afford. If $1,500 is all you can afford right now, you might want to start a little fund and wait awhile.

The car Mambodave has in NC is half your budget, but you will have to source a Title and have some work done. But it is in a good 914 shop already and not that far away.

T.C.
tat2dphreak
I have had a Lot of these cars ( a bunch of projects) and I will tell you from experience to buy the best car that you can afford. If $1,500 is all you can afford right now, you might want to start a little fund and wait awhile.

agree.gif I paid 1500 for a roller 7 years ago... now 1500 might buy you more of a parts car than a usable roller
IronHillRestorations
You might get lucky and fall into a deal, but what TC and Wayne have said is spot on.

Odds are if you get a $1500 914, it will take $10,000 to make it a $8000 car, and at least three times the purchase price just to make it roadworthy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.