Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo aftermarket wheels query
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Festive_Zombie
Hi Guys, looking for some advice.

When I bought one of the 914 it came with wheels I had never seen before, after doing a bit a research I found that they are period correct aftermarket aluminium wheels for the 914... They are made by MOMO and are in size 5.50" x 15". Seems like they were casted in September of 1971, they weight 10.8lbs.

Now the questions:
1 - I have restored one of the wheels, but wondering if its worth carrying on the process (kinda time consuming with my home bead blaster)?

2- I don't plan on running them on my car, so wondering how much they could go for???

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looking forward to some suggestions...

Cheers
Mike Bellis
They look cool. I'm sure you could sell them here if you don't need them.
rwilner
I might be interested, or a trade for a set of fuchs (i have 2 sets).
andys
The 914 I bought in 2007 had the Momo wheels like those. I sold them to another member since I've changed to 5 lug. What I do like about the Momo wheels is that they are not very common and add an element of interest to the car. The silver color makes the wheel very period correct, IMO.

Andys
Festive_Zombie
Yeah. Its in interesting look for sure... Not many of these left around.
underthetire
I would think those are worth quite a bit. Not a Rivi or something cheap like those. Not too many 4 lug options for our cars. I would say over 400 easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.