Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 pull clutch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eimc
I have Andy Ritters old 914-6 race car and need to know who makes the bracket on the trans for the pull type clutch. Thanks Paul WTF.gif
Mark Henry
Custom sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(eimc @ Jun 18 2010, 07:02 AM) *

I have Andy Ritters old 914-6 race car and need to know who makes the bracket on the trans for the pull type clutch. Thanks Paul WTF.gif

you will have to find a 70 71911 housing and side cover
Mark Henry
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 18 2010, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(eimc @ Jun 18 2010, 07:02 AM) *

you will have to find a 70 71911 housing and side cover

Then you have to set the R&P.... rolleyes.gif

Has this conversion already been done?
I checked into this totally for my /6 conversion and you need to tear down the tranny and do a mod of the pivot post. Then you have to make (or have made) a bracket and fasten it to the side cover using longer studs.

The KEP solution is way easier...about $600, comes with adapter, PP and disc...bolts right in like stock and Bob's yer uncle.
smile.gif

I'm assuming this is a 9 bolt flywheel to a 901, right? confused24.gif
eimc
Yes the conversion was done and as I understand my trans case is a early 911 and I matched a bolt on bracket from a 915 trans (cut about in half) that bolts to the bell housing.I have raced this car all last season with no problems, Dr. Evil just went over the trans and I was curious about the bracket . thanks Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.