Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT; Photo Software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
What software is your favorite to use to manipulate your photos? I'm looking for something other that Kodak Imaging or MS Paint to scale my photos and save as JPEGS, enabling me to upload to this BBS as well as others.
vortrex
thumbsplus I find to be the best for simple viewing/editing.
TimT
Adobe
Rouser
Try IrfanView 3.85. It's quick, easy to learn, lots of features, works like a champ, and it's FREE!

Heck, if the price were any more reasonable, I would've paid for it.
STL914
Rouser,

Thanks for the link. I just downloaded the software and it looks like it will work for me. I'll give it a try tomorrow. smilie_pokal.gif
anthony
Agree! Irfanview if you want free and Adobe if you want premium software - even the cheaper version, Elements 2.0, is great. You only need Adobe though once you go beyond simple resizing.
jonwatts
What do people use to draw those cool arrows on pictures? That's a must have for anyone trying to get a point across using pictures.
machina
photoshop 7, thumbsplus for catalog.

tried photoshop CS but it is almost the same as 7.0 with a couple more plugins. You can do more in 16 bit but you better have tons of ram if you use big files.

dr
seanery
the best part about cs vs 7 is that you can nest folders in folders now. Organization is much easier! smilie_pokal.gif
machina
I never have time to organize and stucture my images.

I'm working the whole nite to have a project done for 10am. ar15.gif

dr
seanery
no, no, no...layers...you can put folders with layers inside other folders....that kind of organization!
Joe Bob
The software that came with my Olympus camera is the most simple an idiot proof software I have seen....

For serious stuff....Photoshop.
Hi_Fi_Guy
iPhoto for my digital camera and genral photo organizing, e-mail, we, etc.

Photshop for anything "serious".
campbellcj
Same here, I use Thumbsplus for thumbnailing and general "cataloging", and mainly Photoshop for editing although a lot of digiphoto manipulation can be done right in Thumbsplus.

I would never pay for Photoshop as an "amateur" user on my own nickel, though. I have it for work. Had that not been the case, I would look at the PaintShopPro program(s) from JASC, or the Adobe consumer offerings.
Trekkor
I like Paint Shop Pro ( PSP ).

Easy to use. Compression utilities. Animated GIF's.
All formats supported. Easy editing and scaling.
Many retouching and filters. Not Expensive.

I put together all the photos for my tile website with PSP.

Take a peek : http://www.willstile.com

trekkor
SirAndy
QUOTE(STL914 @ Apr 6 2004, 06:37 PM)
What software is your favorite to use to manipulate your photos?

Photoshop ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.