Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shout Out to Zim's Autotechnik - They done good!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
In A post just a few down several members said to give kuddos to good shops. Here's my first.

Bought some average tires from Discount tires about 2 years ago when I started working on my 914. They did the average balance, not being able to do lug centric balancing. Now that I'm driving the car, the wheels bounced like a crazied government committee overseeer directing the cap on the BP leak from Washington. (that's not too political, is it? happy11.gif )

I ask Clay where to go and he sent me to Zims. www.allzim.com Now for the good news. One of the discount tires is out of round and one wheel has the inside flange out of line enough that both wheels were a bitaf8*&(&* to balance. Bob in Service said they did the best they could but these couldn't be made perfect unless they were sent off. Well they hold pretty darn good up to 70mph and that's as fast as I went on my test ride. 1010% better. They also used the proper weights inside the wheel and not those clip on bastards most shops use. Really a good ride. Great Work for Me. Shout Out to a good shop! piratenanner.gif
Katmanken
I had crappy tires explained to me when I was a 19 year old kid unloading trucks.

Guy backs his partailly full semi trailer up to our back door with a 55 gallon drum of cleaning supplies inside....

I'm on the ground trying to figure out how I'm gonna drop this heavy drum without getting crushed OR r spilling it on the ground.

I ask if he's got a lift.

"Nope, watch this" he says...

He goes into the truck and comes out with four new tires ready to go to the tire dealer down the street.

He throws them on the ground and spins the drum out to land on the tires below.

The edge of the drum really digs into one of the tires and deforms it. sad.gif

He throws the tires back on the truck and off he goes to deliver them down the street. blink.gif

And that my friend is why I'm reluctant to order from tire rack....

Thanks for the post about Zims.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.