Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bugsy0
Hello all. I've been lurking here for some time and would like to introduce myself. Don't quite know the protocol - should I have put "Breaker 1 9" or something in the title? I'm working on a 1970 914.
Tom
markb
welcome.png

You're showing your age (& mine) with the CB comment. biggrin.gif

This is a standard request for pics.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Tom_T
welcome.png ... Bugsy Tom! biggrin.gif

I guess its finally thawed out in the far northern reaches! shades.gif

PS - since your 914's VIN is 471... - it's a 1971 model year, despite a build date 11/70. Love to see pix, Good Buddy!

BTW - I did have a CB in my 914 back in the day, but used one of those under dash black box adapters to allow me to use the radio antenna & not screw up the bodywork with another "big stick" CB antenna. In `88 the CB was moved to our Westy & is in it still! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
welcome.png
qa1142
welcome.png

type.gif
bugsy0
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 19 2010, 12:46 AM) *

welcome.png ... Bugsy Tom! biggrin.gif

I guess its finally thawed out in the far northern reaches! shades.gif

PS - since your 914's VIN is 471... - it's a 1971 model year, despite a build date 11/70. Love to see pix, Good Buddy!

BTW - I did have a CB in my 914 back in the day, but used one of those under dash black box adapters to allow me to use the radio antenna & not screw up the bodywork with another "big stick" CB antenna. In `88 the CB was moved to our Westy & is in it still! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I too was into CB radio long ago - had one in my '68 bug as a kid. My 914 is indeed a '71. I knew that, can't explain why I typed 70 - the 0 and 1 are pretty far apart on the keyboard so I can't claim a typo. I'll get pics up. Just love this car - it's just such a blast to drive. 3rd gear above about 3500 rpm and everything is happy. I've got Jake working on a 2270 for me cheer.gif
Lennies914
welcome.png
Looking forward to the pics.

Lennie
KELTY360

welcome.png
bugsy0
Here's the only pic I could find that was worth posting. The bmw is in the way, but it shares the garage w/ the 914 so what the heck.
nsr-jamie
Nice car! Nice bike ! Nice garage!! Welcome to the club or should I say world! This site is really helpful and lots of informative people and I have made a few friends here too even though I live on the other side of the world.

Would love to see more pictures of your car and also the engine when you get a chance. Cheers!!
bugsy0
Thanks. You guys, the articles on World, have all been _super_helpful_ to me. I mean invaluable. So I would say, Nice group of pals you have here! A bright spot in a sometimes dim world.
buhs914
QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Jun 20 2010, 12:28 AM) *

Thanks. You guys, the articles on World, have all been _super_helpful_ to me. I mean invaluable. So I would say, Nice group of pals you have here! A bright spot in a sometimes dim world.

agree.gif This is a great site where you can get ANY info related to 914s from the greatest of people out there! They may ridicule and bag on you sometimes but it's all just constructive criticism! These people definitely know what they're talking about and are willing to help you out A LOT more than you would expect! Oh and welcome.png
zymurgist
Nice rides!

welcome.png
76-914
Welcome to our World.
Ian Stott
Big welcome from Moncton, Canada and oh yeah, nice bike!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
roadster fan
welcome.png Looks like a nice car, and I love the bike too!

Jim
bugsy0
Well, the car is very stock. The engine will not be, but it still has the tail shift trans, Pedrinis, etc. I'll bring it to a World shindig some day... The bike is cool - very "agricultural" if you know what I mean. Just like the teener. It's the mojo in these machines we all love so much.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Jun 18 2010, 11:23 PM) *

Hello all. I've been lurking here for some time and would like to introduce myself. Don't quite know the protocol - should I have put "Breaker 1 9" or something in the title? I'm working on a 1970 914.
Tom

It is just like AA drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif Hello My name is________ and I am an alcolholic, been lurking and want to share ..
bugsy0
Yes - I devote an unhealthy amount of attention and thought to this car (except I don't intend on changing that) beer.gif
Socalandy
welcome.png
mudfoot76
QUOTE(bugsy0 @ Jun 19 2010, 01:02 PM) *

I've got Jake working on a 2270 for me cheer.gif

welcome.png

You will love that 2270 once you get it installed aktion035.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.