Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats up with the WCR 2011?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharp
I'm sure I'm going but I still need to where I'm going. You see now that I'm retired I need to plan my vacations so Betsy can take off work for the time need to see the stuff around the area we will be visiting. Like going to the RRC, we will see Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Pink Coral Dunes, The North Rim and Brice.
corsepervita
Where does it take place
JoeSharp
Thats kinda up to the people the put it on.
montoya 73 2.0
I was talking to Jamie (JRust) at WCR2010 and he was thinking maybe Medford or Ashland Oregon this year? Medford has a track and alot of cool roads around here. I'm actually about an hour away (east of the Cascades).

Hopefully he will chime in soon. I can help in anyway possible Jamie.

I still like the idea someone had about each state taking a turn. For example: Nevada was this year so next year can be Oregon then Washington then back down to California? Just another thought. confused24.gif
ConeDodger
Oregon. Jamie Rust is lead planner as far as I know. I believe he has started background planning in the planning forums.
McMark
wink.gif
JRust
Yes we are starting the planning. I will get more info up on it soon. Know we are working on the planning for it. I am going to do a poll with 2 options. One being us doing it in Medford & if you would come. The second being in Portland & if you would come. I am leaning towards Medford as it is more centrally located for all on the coast than Portland. Having said that. If hardly anyone from CA is going to make the drive anyway. I would do it in Portland. Here are the basics

Thursday night meet & greet at hotel
Friday Morning show & shine then a nice scenic drive with a lunch in route
Saturday AutoX with BBQ dinner & awards
Friday & saturday may swap depending on autoX location & availability
Sunday- BYE BYE biggrin.gif
corsepervita
If it's in Oregon I'm 100% down - i live here LOL
Lennies914
375 miles from my place to Medford seems doable to me. driving.gif
biosurfer1
Medford is 5 hours from Sac so very do-able...portland is 10 and would be a long drive, though I'd probably do it too
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 19 2010, 09:33 PM) *

Yes we are starting the planning. I will get more info up on it soon. Know we are working on the planning for it. I am going to do a poll with 2 options. One being us doing it in Medford & if you would come. The second being in Portland & if you would come. I am leaning towards Medford as it is more centrally located for all on the coast than Portland. Having said that. If hardly anyone from CA is going to make the drive anyway. I would do it in Portland. Here are the basics

Thursday night meet & greet at hotel
Friday Morning show & shine then a nice scenic drive with a lunch in route
Saturday AutoX with BBQ dinner & awards
Friday & saturday may swap depending on autoX location & availability
Sunday- BYE BYE biggrin.gif

I'd make the drive if you guys buy my gas, only a mere 3000 miles, I can do that in a couple 3 days! driving.gif
BigDBass
Ok, I'm officially starting to plan to wish I could plan to attend!
Elliot Cannon
I'll be there. Medford sounds great, although I remember a pretty good time at the Portland historics. I would rather stay away from big cities. A reasonably comfortable hotel with a big enough parking lot and an understanding hotel manager can make for a pretty good time. This will be my seventh WCC/WCR.
Cheers, Elliot
MartyYeoman
Hey Elliot,
Have you left yet?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jun 19 2010, 09:53 PM) *

Hey Elliot,
Have you left yet?

As soon as I get back from the RRC next month.
danno55
Sign me up for either place! piratenanner.gif
strawman
I'm up for either, but I prefer Ashland/Medford... it is closer to the Sacramento area, and I have family there that likes to party. beer.gif

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.