Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2011 Poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay let's keep this simple. I want to know which you are more likely to come to.
We will be doing an AutoX this year. There is a sweet track in the Medford Area we can secure. The scenic drive will either be to Crater Lake or to the Coast. There will be plenty of options in both area's & a kick ass time to be had. My first choice is Medford as it is more centralized for everyone. The thing is if the CA crowd isn't going to drive to Medford anyway. I will do it in Portland.

Just to add a little flavor. Link to the track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twkBs48fESY...layer_embedded#
Lennies914
My vote just made Medford 100%! biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I second Medford as it's only an hour away from me. Either way I'm there.
McMark
Medford is way my preference. Did Portland a few years ago.
biosurfer1
Medford is 5 hours closer so it's the easy choice for me!
underthetire
You can drink in the strip clubs in Medford biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
You can drink in any strip club in Oregon!
McMark
What's a strip club? confused24.gif
jim_hoyland
What month are you thinking about ?
JRust
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 19 2010, 08:23 PM) *

What month are you thinking about ?

We will let you know. Not going to open that shitstorm of recomendations. We will figure a date & hope everyone can deal. I will narrow it down to May/June or july biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 19 2010, 08:17 PM) *

What's a strip club? confused24.gif

A place where you can watch women perform some suggestive dancing on and near a pole while drinking alcoholic libations! Oh and there also nakie! beerchug.gif

Not that I was ever in one, The wife wanted me to clarify that!
Lennies914
stones.gif rocking nana.gif With all this talk of strip clubs I think it will be a HUGE turnout!
JRust
I actually do have an in with a very cool bar in Medford. NO STRIP club. Damn good vittles though
ConeDodger
The drive home from Portland a few years back was brutal. Loved the people though...
Mike Bellis
My vote would be for Florence OR. Right on the cost next to Dunes National Monument. If I have to choose one of your options, I choose Medford. It's closer to my house.
Elliot Cannon
Medford sounds good to me. The drive up and down the California and Oregon coast is a blast. The CHP up around the Oregon/California border on I-5?...Not so much.
Lou W
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 19 2010, 09:26 PM) *

Medford sounds good to me. The drive up and down the California and Oregon coast is a blast. The CHP up around the Oregon/California border on I-5?...Not so much.

Interstate 5, North of Sacramento up to Weed, LOT'S of CHP's busted_cop.gif North of the Kali border not too bad.
mtndawg
I just visited Florence and it was nice to be by the coast! I might go to Medford and stay in Ashland.
Mikey914
Medford is probably the best central location. There are lots of copsaround the border so don't speed. There are more On the CA side, at least that I saw. Medford has more sunny days than the PDX area so the weather would be better.
MartyYeoman
I've got close friends in Grants Pass and my son lives in Bend.
My vote is for Medford. Hell, I just might make a week out of it. driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Lou W @ Jun 19 2010, 09:38 PM) *

Interstate 5, North of Sacramento up to Weed, LOT'S of CHP's busted_cop.gif North of the Kali border not too bad.

Lots of ROOKIE CHP's. I might add. I was almost rear-ended by one of them. I'll tell ya all about it when I see you in Medford. driving.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 19 2010, 10:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Lou W @ Jun 19 2010, 09:38 PM) *

Lots of ROOKIE CHP's. I might add. I was almost rear-ended by one of them. I'll tell ya all about it when I see you in Medford. driving.gif

Sounds good, I'll be there. smile.gif
jeeperjohn56
Medford is my vote, I here the drive by Grater Lake is nice. driving.gif
DanT
video of the track looks interesting,,,,but it looks to be a Kart track...kind of narrow for cars....might be a great AX course though biggrin.gif
JRust
Yes it is a gokart track. They do autoX there all the time though. I talked with the SCCA guy that runs alot of the autoX down there. The fast guys can get up to 90 on the straight depending on how the track is set up confused24.gif .
montoya 73 2.0
I was at the track last season watching these guys Siskiyou Sports Car Club go around for a few laps each. I believe the largest car running was a ZR1 Corvette. If you click on the track button, you will see how it can be configured. They had it configured with the outside course when we were there.

You can also see the Kart club Southern Oregon Karters go around the track on their videos.

DanT it looks narrow because of the lens they used for the on board camera.
JoeSharp
Hey Jemie, Medford is perfect. As far as the Ca peeps, wrong. We will be there in force. I have done that drive in a day, no problem. We are going to take a week to come up the coast.
On another note, Betsy was really good with the goodie bags. I can make up wood for plaques so if you would like some help send me a PM with the password to the planing forum.
roadster fan
Shoot! Medford will be a piece of cake for the Cali people. Alot of us drove all the way to Seattle when the WCR was up there.

Looking forward to it already!

Jim
jimtab
Medford would be great...got family in the area and the wine country is close by.....I was born in Or. so .........say, do you guys use Scotch in your rituals? or Tequila?
Rand
Of course the Medford area peeps are happy, but we need to hear from the fringes. WHERE would you be willing to travel TO? It's always tough trying to bring a lot of people from a lot of different places. This is where I relate to Jamie's vision... Let's try to find a central place... The goal is to gather the 914 people. The best experience for an event like WCR is the more 914s the better.
McMark
Medford is kicking ass! aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
Home of Musician's Friend. rock_band.gif

Know it like the back of my hand. Crater Lake would be awesome. So would a drive to the coast through the Redwoods. There's a great eatery on that route.

Where would you stay? Rogue Regency is OK but, not much of a parking lot. There's a new Courtyard by the airport... in fact, there's a couple new hotels by the airport that might not be bad.

Other suggestions would be... someplace close to Dave Hunts house! biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Medford is centraly located if your talking Sacramento, California or Portland, Oregon (5 hours either way). Vancouver B.C. Canada or Los Angeles, California (10 or 11 hours either way). I would still go to Portland but that was done a few years ago.
BKLA
Why not the Dalles/Hood River with a day trip & AX at ORP?

Bend could have a day trip to ORP as well. We could use the north end as a pretty wicked AX course.

Just thinking out loud.
ConeDodger
Medford! Medford! Medford! Medford! Medford! Medford! Medford!
underthetire
That track would be a blast!
zx-niner
Definitely in for Medford. Easy one day drive from the Central Valley. driving.gif

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the "right" May/June or July date. Call me anal but my 2011 vacation calendar is already getting planned. biggrin.gif

And, FWIW, 100+ degree temperatures coming through the Central Valley are more than possible from late-June on. Something to think about driving our air-cooled prizes hours on end. sad.gif
MoveQik
Medford for sure. IF the dates work out, we are going to plan an RV vacation around it. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 21 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Where?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 21 2010, 10:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 21 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Where?

Oh, did I forget to mention that my choice is Medford? Apologies to my ponytailed friend Elyut... biggrin.gif But you better get your act together soon. It is the same weekend as Red Rocks... blink.gif
RoadGlue
I've auto-x'd that track three times with the Fiat crew over the years. It's an AWESOME course, though the coolness factor goes up/down depending on a) how they set it up and cool.gif whether or not 100+ deg outside. Ug!

In fact the Fiat group camps right up the hill above Ashland at Howard Prairie Resort. Not sure if that's something that would interest you guys or not. Medford with a regular hotel sounds fine to me.

The drive to Crater Lake is fantastic too. Perfect for a group run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.