Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price range for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
avidfanjpl
No, I have not checked AA or anywhere, but I am wondering if someone has a set, and how much are we talking about?

Refinished in satin black is fine, but they need to be free from dents or bad gasket channels.

I would potentially trade mine, as they need to be soda blasted and painted, and are absolutely straight and dingless, but I know no one that does that work, and if I removed them, I need a set to put on.

I am wondering what we are talking about in folding money or Paypal!

Thanks!

John
detoxcowboy
I had a nice looking set and threw them in the trash after a few weeks sitting in my garage I was informed then noticed.. the following....

reason being is even if they look really good no dings and refinished they can be slightly bent and will not sit right causing little leaks...

I took mine old set that was straight and did not leak to a powder coater, turn around is 3 days usually and you have to meet a minumum so you can while your down throw in your air claner and whatever else you feel like pulling off, most parts come back looking as good as new with a finished that does not come off..

I also have bought 2 new ones seperatley they were 15.00 for one 25.00 for they other.. plus shipping..

that s my 2 cents..

since you went to steve's independent in Orange Ca. take my recommendation on this one too, I have powder coated over 100 pieces with them and have been just pleased as all hell, made me think twice that I ever bought some one else home restore when I had pefectly fine but not pretty parts sitting on my car.. They do alot of custom and VW car parts along with there production work.. $85 minumum but you can get alot done for that.. I took 37 pieces in week before last and ity was $200 then took in 27 more last week and it was $150 depends on size and amount.. also recomend bringing things in clean and scuff clean smooth out a bit what you can, like rust, they also blast for you but I have found that if you clean them up like scrubbing pots and pans everything comes back better than new more or less.. SEMI-GLOSS BLACK LOOKS FACTORY comes back slightly glossy but where off a bit to look just like it has been a perfect factory piece its whole life and is diffulct to mare unliek semi-gloss black rattle can.. plus these guys are great with threads and the like, they take care of it./.

O.C. Plating / Powder Coat Divisionb, ask for Steve.. very cool people.. do your bales too
http://www.ocplating.com/

O.C. Plating
avidfanjpl
WOW!

What a GREAT story!

Will bring a load to Skip at Steve's soon!

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jun 19 2010, 08:55 PM) *

I had a nice looking set and threw them in the trash after a few weeks sitting in my garage I was informed then noticed.. the following....

reason being is even if they look really good no dings and refinished they can be slightly bent and will not sit right causing little leaks...

I took mine old set that was straight and did not leak to a powder coater, turn around is 3 days usually and you have to meet a minumum so you can while your down throw in your air claner and whatever else you feel like pulling off, most parts come back looking as good as new with a finished that does not come off..

I also have bought 2 new ones seperatley they were 15.00 for one 25.00 for they other.. plus shipping..

that s my 2 cents..

since you went to steve's independent in Orange Ca. take my recommendation on this one too, I have powder coated over 100 pieces with them and have been just pleased as all hell, made me think twice that I ever bought some one else home restore when I had pefectly fine but not pretty parts sitting on my car.. They do alot of custom and VW car parts along with there production work.. $85 minumum but you can get alot done for that.. I took 37 pieces in week before last and ity was $200 then took in 27 more last week and it was $150 depends on size and amount.. also recomend bringing things in clean and scuff clean smooth out a bit what you can, like rust, they also blast for you but I have found that if you clean them up like scrubbing pots and pans everything comes back better than new more or less.. SEMI-GLOSS BLACK LOOKS FACTORY comes back slightly glossy but where off a bit to look just like it has been a perfect factory piece its whole life and is diffulct to mare unliek semi-gloss black rattle can.. plus these guys are great with threads and the like, they take care of it./.

O.C. Plating / Powder Coat Divisionb, ask for Steve.. very cool people.. do your bales too
http://www.ocplating.com/

O.C. Plating

tod914
You can buy a new set from any VW dealer. I would imagine most of the places like Bus depot and other shops of the like stock them too. Part number is the same.
avidfanjpl
Thank on this tip! I will look for Bus Depot tonight.

I gave an order to Bruce Stone for a set. Now I can have one set replace the other, and take the originals to Jake at Steves in Orange. I have to figure out what else to have blasted and coated.

Thanks!

J

QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 20 2010, 09:40 AM) *

You can buy a new set from any VW dealer. I would imagine most of the places like Bus depot and other shops of the like stock them too. Part number is the same.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.